Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] AHI ~10 with CPAP. Constant yawning and lack of focus. Tried nearly everything.
AHI ~10 with CPAP. Constant yawning and lack of focus. Tried nearly everything.
Hi everyone,

I desperately need help with my CPAP, and figuring out if my yawning, mental fatigue, and brain fog are even sleep apnea related. My ENT said that after seeing my AHI of ~8 using an oral appliance, he doesn't believe my mental fatigue is still caused by OSA. My AHI from my first sleep test was ~20, before I got a CPAP and oral appliance.

Whatever OSA-treating technique I try does not work for a more than a few days: CPAP (Philips Dreamstation Auto w/ full face mask from F&P), oral appliance for jaw advancement, mouth tape, nasal strip, angled pillow, side sleeping, nasal rinses, Flonase, nothing. I essentially feel the same daily whether I use CPAP, oral appliance, with or without mouth tape, etc. This makes me wonder if it's even an OSA problem.

About me:
I have a deviated septum and enlarged turbinates (considering septoplasty since breathing with Afrin is 10x better than my daily breathing.) I have enlarged tonsils (3/4 on Friedman scale) and have considered tonsillectomy but probably will not do it.
I'm 5'10, 165 lbs, pretty healthy weight and lifestyle.
No other medical conditions or meds.
All normal labs, including thyroid and iron, going to get tested for some vitamin deficiencies.

I've attached last night's OSCAR reading. Usually I've been ~ 7-10 AHI past few weeks. I sleep 8+ hours and still have consistent yawning, mental fatigue and brain fog throughout the day. It hurts my focus & motivation, all I want to do is close my eyes and rest, but I can't nap successfully most times anyways.

Any help or tips are appreciated!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Itchy nose /Constant mask toggling advice andycc 2 150 08-23-2020, 01:10 PM
Last Post: andycc
  Feeling of lack of flow with several CPAP/APAP Eroles3353 8 283 08-18-2020, 12:51 AM
Last Post: Eroles3353
  Compliance report lack of details rbeville13 6 282 06-30-2020, 03:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Changing from constant pressure to Auto lngtrm1 19 837 12-20-2019, 05:15 PM
Last Post: lngtrm1
Angry [News] LACK OF SLEEP AMPLIFIES ANGER ISSUES srlevine1 1 502 11-28-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Constant air leaks NewUserOK 9 930 05-22-2018, 07:53 PM
Last Post: tedvpap
  Constant Air the same even when i change settings blackhawk2737303 6 898 12-11-2017, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.