Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] AHI going up throughout the months
RE: AHI going up throughout the months
(09-12-2018, 10:32 PM)thibaulthib Wrote: Some more questions, sorry guys but I am really interested since it directly affects me:
1) Do you know if pressure relief (EPAP) wise, AFlex 1 = CFlex 2 ?
2) Does the body get used to a certain pressure if too much time is spent at that given pressure?

1. From the brief research I performed, I found a supplier that stated AFlex and CFlex are the same EXCEPT CFlex was first and has a sharp/quick rise to Inspire pressure while AFlex has a slower/smoother rise to inspire pressure. Each number was for a "unit" of pressure.
2. Realize first how much pressure that you are talking about. Get a tall glass of water and a straw, put the straw in the glass so it is 8 inches deep, now blow in the straw, That was hard, right??? Not, it was easy. That is the MAX pressure your CPAP is capable of, BiPaps and there higher pressures 10 inches. The point is that the pressure, even very high CPAP pressures are not that high. So IMHO No, not in a negative way, but yes it certainly gets used to your pressures as you are finally getting much better sleep as a result.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all,

Attached the results of my night again. The hypopneas keep increasing, hence my AHI.

1) It seems that now, my 90% pressure became 8.0... But why is that?
2) It seems I am having OA and H when pressure is < 8.0. Would you increase the min pressure to 8.0 as well instead of 7.0?

Thank you guys!

Thibault
Post Reply Post Reply
There is not problem with going back to your previous "best" result pressures and see if that experiment can be repeated. So far, your pressures are very low and my guess is that the higher minimum pressure is helping, but dial it back and and see what happens. This is mostly for peace of mind, because I don't think you will see the lowest results again at that pressure. Who knows/

Your pressure needs are evolving a bit, and you will get there. You have never exceeded 7.0 as a minimum pressure. That is below the average CPAP pressure of most of us. If you end up at 9 to 12, that is right in the middle of average.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-13-2018, 09:22 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: There is not problem with going back to your previous "best" result pressures and see if that experiment can be repeated.  So far, your pressures are very low and my guess is that the higher minimum pressure is helping, but dial it back and and see what happens.  This is mostly for peace of mind, because I don't think you will see the lowest results again at that pressure. Who knows/

Your pressure needs are evolving a bit, and you will get there. You have never exceeded 7.0 as a minimum pressure.  That is below the average CPAP pressure of most of us. If you end up at 9 to 12, that is right in the middle of average.

Thank you Sleeprider ! 

I am more and more dubitative about that PR... I know everyone is different, but so far, I wonder if there would be a need to adjust a Resmed Autoset S10 after few months?

My grandma has got hers for like 5 years, she never had to adjust anything and is set 5-10.

Sleeprider, do you know if my pressure needs are evolving only because I am giving a head start to the PR by increasing the minimum pressure, which may actually trigger an increase in pressure "faster" than if the pressure was low in order to counter all the OA and H ?

I kind of had the feeling that even though the first months were great, maybe the PR was not properly detecting all the OA and H because the min pressure was too low?

I don't know if I make sense?

Thibault
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello!

It sounds like my pressure needs indeed evolved, pressure 8.0 - 12.0 and my AHI went back down to 2.45 !

Very happy, not the best but since I have been drinking quite a lot yesterday, I will wait few days at that settings and check :-)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
At this pressure it looks like the flow limits and hypopnea are present, and this is the kind of think I think Resmed EPR will deal with better. It does look like a good idea to keep the pressure in this range. You can turn of VS2 events and clean this up even more.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider,

I should have mentioned I am a big clubber over weekends, another drinky night yesterday as per attached.... Will wait tonight to see if it improves even better !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
T if you disable the VS2 the chart is going to look better and it really makes no difference. While you’re at it kill the monthly calendar.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi guys,

Ok, today I am very scared... I had another party yesterday and my results are as per attached. Seems I literally stopped breathing for few minutes, I don't suspect the CPAP to have an issue so this scares the sh*t out of me.

Seems like my breathing was extremely flat.... Have you ever seen this before?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry to spam, another screenshot, I think I really had an extremely shallow breath for 1 hour :-(
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New car smell months later dkmk 4 263 04-15-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 14 842 03-30-2024, 08:09 AM
Last Post: redking2436
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 387 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,746 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Going nowhere with ASV after 3 months CaliforniaDreamer 20 566 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 339 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Has anyone ever received a refund on cpap after 3 months. Mwilson123 0 217 02-10-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mwilson123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.