Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Used S9 VPAP ST as a backup APAP
Question 
Used S9 VPAP ST as a backup APAP
There is a local FB seller of a Resmed S9 VPAP ST asking for CAD$375 (US$290). He is the second owner based on his ad. Just curious if it is worth considering using it as a backup or for travel. I am entering my fourth month as a APAP user with my Airsense 10 Autoset....AHI is usually under 2. I have a battery backup...Medistrom Pilot-24 Plus with the recently purchased Co-Pilot-24. This system works with S9 and with optional adapter, the Airmini or Dreamstation Go Auto. Is the used S9 VPAP ST worth considering? Will setup be similar? Estimated price...half of asking if the running hours are reasonable? Thanks.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Used S9 VPAP ST as a backup APAP
The S9 VPAP ST has three modes, CPAP, VPAP-S and VPAP ST. All three modes are fixed pressure. If you can tolerate a fixed pressure machine, then you can use the results from your Airsense 10 Autoset to make appropriate settings on the ST using either CPAP or VPAP-S mode.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-10-2018, 07:56 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The S9 VPAP ST has three modes, CPAP, VPAP-S and VPAP ST. All three modes are fixed pressure.  If you can tolerate a fixed pressure machine, then you can use the results from your Airsense 10 Autoset to make appropriate settings on the ST using either CPAP or VPAP-S mode.

Thanks. I thought incorrectly that it an APAP mode too...thought that most bipap/bilevel have APAP modes.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
In the VPAP series, only the Vauto and ASV adjust pressures as far as I know. The Aircurve 10 Vauto or S9 VPAP auto are excellent machines and can exceed the capability of your current APAP. Everything else will be fixed pressure. The Philips Respironics BiPAP Auto machines (System One 60 Series and Dreamstation series) are also excellent machines.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can set your autoset up to see if you would like it.

Put your machine in CPAP mode at 14 or 15 cmh2o and set epr at 3. Remember that this pressure is what you are going to get all night long. That will be a close approximation of how the machine will feel.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
When my sleep tech increased my min pressure from 10 to 12, it immediately triggered my dormant vertigo with dizziness and headaches. Slowly bumped it up to 10.4 before giving up and going back to a min of 10.

I don't think a CPAP will work for me. Thanks all.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,238 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 158 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 127 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
  APAP to VAuto not going well snapperzz 6 227 04-05-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 17 932 04-02-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 54 4,771 04-01-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Charliejoe
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 8 647 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MildOSAHighRera

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.