Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Am I doing something wrong ?
Am I doing something wrong ?
Greetings !

So, I have been around the forum for a few months, and that was very helpfull for the start of my journey, so thank you all.

I bought my APAP a few months ago, and since then, I have been using it on and off I would say...

The reason why I say, on and off, is not because I do not put my mask every night (a have a full face mask), but more because, depending the night, I seem to keep it on, or not, and I can not point as to why.

So maybe you can help me. I attach below two sleepyhead charts...maybe the forum will see something I do not...

Thank you for your help

Last night (a good night):

https://imgur.com/27fEL6u

A night last week (a bad night):

https://imgur.com/rxvNnuo
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Am I doing something wrong ?
I take it the night was bad because you slept for 2hrs 40 mins vs 6hrs for the 4/28 chart.
Did you have a sleep study or are you self titrating? I ask this because you said you bought your apap a few months ago. I don't see on the chart what woke you up on the bad night. How did you feel on 4/26 the 2:40 night? Any health issues that might have wakened you? Weather?
On 4/26 the med pressure was 12/10.4 and on 4/28 it was 13.6/11.6
You might need to raise your min epap.
Some of the real genius folks will be along shortly.

Welcome to the forum. You will receive all the help you need from this forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,
Thank you for your reply.

I considered the night as "Bad" because I didn't keep the mask...
I slept the rest of the night without the mask, but obviously, the sleep was not as resting as it would have been with the mask...

I eliminated environmental factors as I do not believe that anything peculiar happened that night...

P.S I am self titrating
Post Reply Post Reply
grego77
My suggestion would be to set your min epap to 11. You have hypopneas and the extra pressure should lower the count.  I am suggesting this pressure because I do not sleep well when my epap is lowered.
Let us know
Post Reply Post Reply
Review the Mask Primer on the link below. Are you taking off the mask while you sleep or are you aware that your doing it.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help! 40 days CPAP no symptom relief. What's wrong? cpapmj 2 125 04-14-2024, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Apnea Worse - What am I doing wrong? John Reston 8 568 01-08-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: John Reston
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,538 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
Wink Help my mom fix brainfog!!! - wrong machine settings? jra110 1 337 12-07-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  SD card unreadable Mac - what am I doing wrong? KLib 6 498 11-17-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: KLib
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 631 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is there something obviously wrong with my CPAP use? [pull off mask while asleep] Cpapaya 4 697 08-16-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.