Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead showing Humidifier Disconnected
SleepyHead showing Humidifier Disconnected
I just loaded about 4 months worth of data into SleepyHead so I could try and see why I have been awaking early (~3:45-5:00) once again with apnea-like headaches although not as severe as the ones prior to diagnosis.  I noticed my AHI has gone up from consistently below 1 to between 2 and 3.  I realize this is not a huge jump, but something has brought on the return of my apnea headaches.  In looking at SleepyHead, in the bottom left corner under 'Machine Settings' it says 'Humidifier Disconnected'.  Looking backwards, it has been showing this since January 7th this year.  However, I have been using the humidifier nightly with my PR 560 auto machine and it appears looking at it that it is still quite connected.

Any ideas?
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead showing Humidifier Disconnected
I have found the humidifier setting reported by Sleepyhead to be unreliable. I get the same thing on my 60 Series BiPAP. You know it's connected and working, just ignore the setting record. Are you using manual settings instead of System One? That can cause it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-10-2017, 12:07 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I have found the humidifier setting reported by Sleepyhead to be unreliable.  I get the same thing on my 60 Series BiPAP.  You know it's connected and working, just ignore the setting record.  Are you using manual settings instead of System One?  That can cause it.

Same here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Same here.

SleepyHead usually reports it as disconnected.  Occasionally, it says connected.

I rarely change my humidifier settings, so I just ignore it.   Eat-popcorn
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK thanks guys.  I have never noticed that it said disconnected in the past.  And I use the heated tube on auto.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Would depend on a specific flag being set that indicates the presence of a humidifier or not and whether Mark was able to isolate that in hexinator.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have the humidifier installed on my AS 10 . SleepyHead v1.0.0 says humidifier on, level 4.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 701 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Irregular flow rate 3 or 4 times a night showing in OSCAR Provolone 4 390 02-21-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Provolone
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 417 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 332 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  ASV machine making weird sound on startup and when mask is disconnected kc90 7 277 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,132 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  AirMini with Dreamstation Go humidifier chwang733 0 313 12-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: chwang733

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.