Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Apnea's during sleep test....
Apnea's during sleep test....
Hello,
     When I did my sleep test last summer, I was diagnosed with 66  Apnea's  p/hour which indicates SEVERE Sleep Apnea. I know anything over 30 is severe. Just wondering if anyone else on here had that high of a # & if CPAP therapy is helping them. Been on it for 9 months & I'm seeing some benefits, but not what Id like. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Apnea's during sleep test....
Many people have apnea equal or greater than 60, and I recall seeing members report over 100. Mine was a bit higher than 60 at the time. The severity of AHI is not directly related to pressure or the benefits of CPAP therapy, but people with very severe apnea tend to benefit most if the therapy is optimized.

It appears you must have the Airsense 10 Autoset and using pressures of 5-15. It's probably a safe bet you could benefit from a narrower range of pressure to avoid sleep disruption.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum. It would be helpful to have more information.

Do you have a copy of your sleep test results? If not you should request one from your doctor. It would help if you could post those results here.

What AHI values are you seeing now?

It would also allow us to advise you better if you download SleepyHead software https://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./   and post some of the data here. See the links below for how to organize and post your data.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2017, 12:38 PM)MDHilz Wrote: Hello,
     When I did my sleep test last summer, I was diagnosed with 66  Apnea's  p/hour which indicates SEVERE Sleep Apnea. I know anything over 30 is severe. Just wondering if anyone else on here had that high of a # & if CPAP therapy is helping them. Been on it for 9 months & I'm seeing some benefits, but not what Id like. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

cpap helps many people with OSA

if you have CA or other sleep problems then not so much

what does the data show now ?

cpap can cause CA to show up
you may need an ASV 
or perhaps you have a non apnea problem to address
Post Reply Post Reply
My AHI was 89 during testing. Since starting therapy I've been able to get my BP down, from being uncontrolled, to 120/80 and I no longer need reading glasses. With that said, It took a year for me to see any benefits though. CPAP is a "Keeper" for me.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2017, 01:25 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: My AHI was 89 during testing.  Since starting therapy I've been able to get my BP down, from being uncontrolled, to 120/80 and I no longer need reading glasses.  With that said,  It took a year for me to see any benefits though. CPAP is a "Keeper" for me.

fixing eyesight with cpap is a new one for me
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 113 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 13 277 03-12-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 5 192 03-12-2024, 03:56 PM
Last Post: RoughriderTR
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 6 453 03-10-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,816 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 102 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  Self-administered sleep test? BlueSky1958 6 179 02-29-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.