Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Assistance in locating knowledge, please
RE: Assistance in locating knowledge, please
Immediately before recognizing the sleep apnea I was in contact with my Cardiologist to discuss the onset of edema and un-expected weight changes.

Ejection fraction tested as 55 and subsequent weight stabilization appeared to clear my concerns; however, the breathing abnormalities and return of other symptoms have brought back cardiac concerns.

I have all of the symptoms of right-side hf. I do recognize that there may be other reasons for those symptoms.

The patterns of my breathing appear to me to be consistent with those concerns. Am I reading the breathing patterns incorrectly??
Post Reply Post Reply
almost every source that explains central sleep apnea or adaptive-servo ventilation (ASV) includes a discussion of a type of periodic breathing called cheyne-stokes breathing, which is associated with congestive heart failure. you have a clear pattern of periodic breathing often followed by flagged clear airway events. many of us have indications of periodic breathing with no known heart failure that probably isn't cheyne-stokes breathing. no idea if yours is really cheyne-stokes and I know nothing about heart conditions. but given your description I'd say (guess) your observation may be correct. I'd want to show the SH graphs to my doctors just to see if it's useful info to them and also to receive a more definitive answer to your question.
Post Reply Post Reply
in previous post I said you have a clear pattern of periodic breathing often followed by flagged clear airway events. looking further, I see you do have that pattern but also a less well-defined periodic breathing-looking flow punctuated by hypopnea and obstructives. that variation might muddy the water a little with respect to the prevalence or potential implications of the pattern I first referenced. higher pressure with your current machine might resolve some of the h and oa and help clarify what's going on with the pb and ca. they might increase, in which case you probably have mixed apnea which can be treated with asv (depending on your heart condition), or they might resolve in time if you have complex apnea (cpap emergent ca). I'm no expert so maybe some more experienced members will comment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 510 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  [Treatment] Interpreting OSCAR data - any assistance would be incredibly appreciated :) SleepyVoyager 20 965 02-29-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 294 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
Question [Diagnosis] NEWBIE Looking for first diagnosis assistance Gothenburg85 5 370 02-16-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Gothenburg85
  AutoSV data interpretation assistance needed PappaJoe 21 740 02-11-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  [CPAP] Assistance with OSCAR Data runnermeep 17 792 01-31-2024, 04:43 PM
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 13 1,059 01-06-2024, 03:57 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.