Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Awakened to strange inhalation problem
RE: Awakened to strange inhalation problem
in my flow rate charts I've never seen one of those nicely rounded inspiratory flow curves shown as "typical patient flow" above. not sure I've seen it in any chart I've looked at on this forum either. I keep hoping some small tweak will produce those beauties for me but suspect that illustration is more ideal than real. does anyone actually breathe like that?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm baaaack! Got the AirCurve 10 Vauto ten days ago, went on a trip to the West Coast and have returned Wed night. Awakening with the Resmed feels better than awakening with the Respironics. Thank you for the guidance there. I've attached my stats plus the daily from last night (5 hrs sleep) and the previous night (7 hrs sleep). I'm not waking up in the middle of the night any more! Yay! I've also attached an interesting 2 minute slice from last night.

Does these look good enough[tm] or can things be tweaked even better?

PaBlum
Post Reply Post Reply
The most important part here is you're more comfortable. The graphs you posted appear to have resolved the flow limitation you experienced with the Philips BiPAP, and I attribute both of these gains to the way Resmed follows your respiration with proportional pressure support (Easybreathe ™). Here is the biggest change; your inspiration/expiration time has gone from 2.10/1.40 in the first graph on page 1 to 1.20/2.14 in the most recent graph. The fact you are feeling more comfortable is no accident, and is a direct result of the machine properly interpreting your trigger and cycle time. This is why we were so supportive of changing from Philips to Resmed. It just works better for you.

Be sure to provide this feedback to your doctor and supplier that enabled you to make the change.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7788]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8123]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 165 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,924 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,497 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,808 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 375 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New VAUTO, strange settings pulmonologist edgnoj 25 1,320 02-22-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: edgnoj
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 589 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.