Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD CARD [what type & size?]
RE: SD CARD [what type & size?]
(04-08-2022, 04:12 PM)adm1jtg Wrote: Doing a little research, as I had the same question,  and it would seem a 4gb card will hold about a year and a half worth of data from what most people seem to be saying

Hard to accurately generalize, since different machines record differing amounts of data and different people sleep more/less hours per day.  

That said, I've been using my AS11 for 196 days and the data occupies 602mb, so that's about 3.1mb per day.  At that rate, a 4gb card would hold about 3-1/2 years of data.

The card from my old Respironics machine has almost 8 years of data, and the total for all 8 years is only 491mb.  Obviously, that machine recorded far less detailed data than the AS11!
Post Reply Post Reply
Remember, Resmed lists 3 types of data and their storage lengths. Summary data is 365 days. Whatever they classify as data is 30 days, and high-resolution data is 30 days. So the first 30 days using a new card will (basically) be the most drastic storage usage/change. After that, the summary data will be the main thing to grow for the next year.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2022, 05:57 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Remember, Resmed lists 3 types of data and their storage lengths.  Summary data is 365 days.  Whatever they classify as data is 30 days, and high-resolution data is 30 days.  

I've seen those statistics before, but I'm not sure what they really mean.  I can believe the summary data (since it is a single file) probably does just cover a rolling 365 days. 

But I've been using my AS11 for 190+ days -- and NOTHING has been deleted from the card.  All the detailed data is still there.  I can import the card into a "new" Oscar profile, and all the detailed flow and event data is still there, all the way back to first day of usage.    So, it certainly isn't deleting anything from the card at 30+ days.
Post Reply Post Reply
Contrary to Crimson Nape's post, my 8 GB card has many years of data on it, and nothing has ever been deleted by the machine. 

The machine will keep one year of summary data internally, but does not store either low rate nor high rate data internally; it only gets written to the SD card if the SD card is in the machine during sleep.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I stand corrected.  Evidently, Resmed's information is a fallacy.   I guess next, you will tell me the Easter Bunny isn't real...

Here is the link to where they answered: https://ap.resmed.com/healthcare-profess...aq-devices

How much storage do ResMed’s sleep therapy devices use on the SD card?

It varies depending on the sleep therapy device. For example, on an S9 therapy device a 1GB SD card easily stores 365 days of usage data, 30 days of detailed data, and seven days of high-resolution data. On all AirSense 10 or AirCurve 10 therapy devices, you can get up to 365 days of usage data, and 30 days of both detailed and high-resolution data.

Can my patients use miniSD or microSD cards with their devices?

No. These SD cards would work with their device if they were used with an adapter, but they have not been shown to meet the IEC 60601-1 medical electrical equipment safety requirements for this therapy device. As a result, ResMed recommends that they should not be used.

Can my patients use SDHC, mini SDHC, micro SDHC, or SDXC cards with their therapy devices?

No. Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) cards, as well as mini and micro SDHC cards and SDXC cards, do not work with any ResMed sleep therapy devices.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
EXCELLENT
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 11 17,204 04-20-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,927 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 327 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 578 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Mask Type Setting Mpadgett714 1 540 12-11-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Mask type in settings isn’t the mask I’m wearing 3k9BAO 1 435 11-15-2023, 11:31 PM
Last Post: eok361
  [Treatment] Where can I get this type of Boil-and-bite Mandibular Advancement Splint / MAD? selfhelpdevice 1 359 11-13-2023, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.