Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Borderline/Mild Sleep Apnea - CPAP Improvements?
RE: Borderline/Mild Sleep Apnea - CPAP Improvements?
Hi everyone,

Here is day 2. Like the night before, I use a breath right strip at night as I have a deviated septum. It didn't bother me the first night, but last night it was a bit painful around my nose and much harder to inhale. I will try tonight without it.

I feel pretty good today again. Better than usual! I want to try it a few days at the current settings just to determine if I should make other adjustments.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Charts look very good, certainly try it a few more days to build a trend. Best wishes it goes well.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Everyone,

I ended up going with a new mask for the last 1.5 weeks. I asked for the resmed air pillows mask, but they said they didn't have it/they don't provide one during the month Resmed trial. So instead I have been using the Fisher and Paykel Brevida mask.

Note: The machine is still an hour behind due to DST.

I also upped the pressure to 7 as suggested by another user. Thoughts?

Post Reply Post Reply
The chart looks excellent, so it comes down to how do you feel?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave said it How do you feel?
Post Reply Post Reply
I feel better to be honest. At the same time, I also starting drinking one cup of coffee in the morning again which really helps (after 5 months of no caffeine). The brain fog and tiredness was too much.

Even without adding caffeine, I did feel more rested with the CPAP machine.

I forget the rationale for increasing the pressure to 7, but did it resolve whatever issue?

I do notice that with the mask change and pressure increase, I get more leaks and more AHI's. Is this normal?

Lastly, to reply to another message about breathing - I notice that I take a lot longer to inhale with the added pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all,

Just following up. The CPAP place has followed up with me. Is there anything else that I should change to the settings?

I think I might like more pressure (unless it's not warranted by the numbers). Does more pressure = better?

Please see attached for my most recent results (AHI is usually around 0.33-0.55).

Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
Whatever pressure provides the best control of events and the most comfort is best. More pressure is not better if you don't need it. Your have almost no events at the present settings. I see no reason to change except for comfort. Why do you feel you need more pressure? Your leaks may be causing some sleep disturbance. Increasing pressure won't resolve that. If you haven't already, read the mask primer. The link is below.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
yeah, I see no reason to modify your pressure settings. unless you are experiencing some comfort or sleep deprivation issues, it likely wouldn't make a noticeable difference.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the comments.

The CPAP place that I am with said that the pressure is "set according to the Doctor's prescription". It sounds like once i get off the trial machine and have my own machine that I can't change the settings?

Is this BS? Or is there a menu on the actual resmed where I can experiment?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 234 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 351 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 613 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 321 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 291 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.