Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] CPAP not working anymore
RE: CPAP not working anymore
It was a at-home study. I'm scheduled for a in-clinic study, but that'll take a few months. Is there anything to self diagnose these movements ? It is worth to note that when I was fully rested using CPAP, I did move as much as I do today.

With all we've said in this thread, I can make a guess on what differs between my CPAP-compliant times and now : way more arousals today, waking me up and disrupting sleep. Now to know whether they're from neck pain, movements, flow limitation or something else...
What's strange is that I initially responded well to CPAP treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
You could try and set up something to video tape yourself sleeping. If you hold your breath and give thumbs up to camera you can sync times pretty accurately between OSCAR data and video then look up the strange times in OSCAR and see if there seems to be any correlation with movements etc.

Nothing really stands out as being obviously wrong with your breathing/CPAP. If you compare your older data(early on in CPAP when you were getting good sleep) to your more recent data then you might be able to see if there have been any changes such as increasing AHI, increasing flow limitations etc. If all that looks the same I don't think CPAP is what has changed and is influencing your sleep now.

There are a variety of things that can mess up your sleep and this could be as simple as your neck pain especially since like you said the straps appear to aggravate it. Have you seen a chiropractor about it? I wasn't having bad neck pain but my neck was bothering me a bit and I saw a good chiropractor. He could tell right away that there was an issue with muscles all tight and it was because my atlas was stuck (and perhaps more), he massaged the muscles to loosen them up then adjusted things back into place and that helped. Some of these things especially the atlas don't usually correct themselves on their own and just remain stuck and get worse over time, he figured mine had been stuck for quite a while.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any reason why your minimum pressure was raised to 10 arround the start of the year it did not really help your numbers, as most of your events are central which is not affected by pressure. Did the pressure increase help your comfort ?

You need an ASV machine
Post Reply Post Reply
Many of his centrals appear to be post arousal. ASV will only help if it solves the arousals causing the centrals.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 93 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 373 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 176 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [Health] No CPAP anymore ! ABACON 3 368 02-07-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
Question SD Formatting and OSCAR not working smallhandsfeeding 2 199 02-02-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 492 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Treatment] new to this - is it working? human 7 572 11-04-2023, 11:45 AM
Last Post: human

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.