Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Can you actually have a zero AHI
Can you actually have a zero AHI
I woke up about 4:15 in the morning from a deep sleep because of a twisted hose.  I couldn't go back to sleep until around 6:30.  I thought I would have terrible numbers but I didn't apparently.  In fact, my AHI reading is zero.  Is that possible or was there something in my numbers I've missed.

Chuck

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can you actually have a zero AHI
Congratulations! Yes, people occasionally do get a zero AHI, so well done.

However if you get zero for a few nights running then it's probably a data error in your machine. This can usually be corrected by unplugging it from the wall and waiting 30 minutes or so before powering up again.
Post Reply Post Reply
I get zeroes frequently.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I get a "0.0" about once a month on average.  They're satisfying, even if somewhat surprising whenever they happen because I'm mostly in the 0.5-1.2 range.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've yet to see a 0 AHI. I've had some 0.3's and a single 0.2 thus far. 

I am beginning to think that my CPAP machine is nothing more than a random number generator.  Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't remember having a 0.0 ahi with apap but have had 26 in last 90 days with asv. I've had 4 in a row twice since 7/3/19. that's despite a lot of arousals and awakenings. on the one hand I'd expect more ca during sleep/wake, but the asv is good at stopping them and I minimize that time by shutting down and removing the mask whenever awake for more than a couple minutes. on the other hand I think it's easier to get lower ahi when sleep is fragmented like mine insofar as I associate increased potential for events with longer sessions and deeper sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.