Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Cant get a concrete diagnosis
RE: Cant get a concrete diagnosis
Hi, 

How is this looking? I've no idea what i'm looking at to be honest but this was last night. I've never felt this tired in my life!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your AHI looks pretty good!  Better than mine today.  Small consolation to you, though.  Hopefully, Sleeprider will be around soon.  

But, if you could zoom into the area around 01:00am by left clicking on your mouse repeatedly, until you can see the up and down flow waveform, it might be instructive.  The time span should be about 2 minutes or so.  (Another way to do this is to use the up arrow on your keyboard.)  Look in other regions as well, where the waveform seems to have taken a step shift.  If you can post one or two of those zoomed regions.

How tight is your mask?  Like super tight?  Or more on the loose side?  By any chance is your mask pushing your lower jaw backwards a lot?
Post Reply Post Reply
Numbers say you're well treated. Your words say you are not. The only info OSCAR shows as of light concern is the leak rate. It is not bad but might it be a source of disturbance if it's from a mask leak. Even mouth leaks from ones that wear nasal or pillows masks might disrupt things. So other than this from my perspective, there's some comfort factor that your body requires and that is currently absent. Take full review of your bed, pillow, ambient room atmosphere, sleep hygiene, any other medical need that any, or a combo of these, is stealing your sleep/rest efficiency or comfort.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

Is this what you mean?

Mask doesn't seem to bad to be honest. I'm getting a dry mouth so when I lick my lips it breaks the seal

Post Reply Post Reply
Good zoom, but need to see the Flow Rate.  I can tell from the mask pressure that something is going on though.
Post Reply Post Reply
my apologies, this is flowrate

Post Reply Post Reply
I am not the one you want deciphering graphs, but even I think it don't look right. Maybe it's zoomed in too far, but that doesn't alter my take that pattern is off normal it seems. A bit longish neutral zone flattening/long weak, wimpy exhale...dunno I let this to those better at it. Either it's now zoomed in too far, flow pattern is off, or both.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
it's a 44 second view, 2 seconds between listed times. move it out to at least 2 minutes. an easy way to do it besides the ones mentioned is to set the view size slider at the bottom of the daily/events tab to 2. note the duration at the top left of the flow rate box.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's what I thought.  Might be helpful if you could put in a dotted zero line, but it looks like a bit of palatal prolapse.  I seem to have that too.  It might be that your mask is indeed a little tight, forcing your jaw backwards, closing off your palate a little.  Palatal Prolapse  Might be something in the AB wiki, as well.  I tend to over tighten my mask, and get rewarded with this.  A too tight mask is not good.  It has to be just right, not leaking and not closing off your airway.  It can be an issue with full face masks.  There's an article on fitting face masks on AB.

Can't say this is an issue for you, but at least for me, I get pretty low AHI and still don't always feel good.  Might be similar for you.  In any case, keep at it.  I'm quite sensitive to changes in leak rate, it tends to wake me.  You might consider trying a different mask, maybe the new one is less prone to leak rate changes.
Post Reply Post Reply
@sheepless, the view was good enough to confirm what I thought.  Yes, it was a bit too zoomed in, but good enough!  Flattened and long drawn out exhalation.  Benjy505 has a few of these regions in his graph.  I just picked the first easy one for him to show.

Whether this is relevant or not, I see 0052-0058, 0059-0105, 0112-0133, 0205-0225 and 0520-0525 probably with this issue.  Could be more, but those are the obvious regions.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 199 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Diagnosis question Timlondonparis 3 185 03-18-2024, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Timlondonparis
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 729 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Thumbsup [Diagnosis] Didn't know this existed. Hi! And diagnosis please smgemd 6 251 03-07-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Diagnosis] WatchPAT sleep apena diagnosis low AHI higher RDI. Need advice godiego 22 3,431 02-28-2024, 02:39 PM
Last Post: godiego
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 883 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
Question [Diagnosis] NEWBIE Looking for first diagnosis assistance Gothenburg85 5 347 02-16-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Gothenburg85

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.