Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Chart evaluations please
Chart evaluations please
This is my first post with charts. Attached are copies of my home sleep study results. I am pretty new to therapy having been using CPAP for about a month now. I will attach Oscar screen shots in my next post. I would appreciate comments and suggestions.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Chart evaluations please
Heres the last 3 days of my Oscar charts. Let me know if you need anything zoomed in.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
If this were me I would up the minimum pressure to 10 and give it a couple days. You should see much better results with those settings. 11 may be even better but 10 is a good starting point. If I’m wrong other will correct me. The higher pressure should stop everything before it has a chance to start.
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
    Here's my current machine settings. The DME had my pressure set at 4/20, with ramp on, and EPR set to 3 for ramp only. I change my pressure to 7/20, turned ramp off, and set EPR to 3 full time. I have an appt. with my internist this Thurs. He is the dr. that prescribed the sleep study, and probably doesn't know a lot about sleep apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers are awesome. So I'll suggest leaving the settings as is for now. With these numbers you want to adjust first to alleviate symptoms, second for comfort.

So How do you feel? And be critical.

Typically users of PR machines need a higher min pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bonjour he has a AirSense 10 AutoSet.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lacro Bonjour is correct. I didn’t ask the important question of how do you feel. It may not be necessary to adjust anything. Personally I like to eliminate obstructives because they bother me but if you feel great don’t change anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
How do I feel?? Well, if YOU mean daytime, I think I feel more alert, however, I didn't feel awful during my wake time before treatment. I just stayed in bed a long time (10-12 hours) before getting up because my sleep was interrupted so much. I didn't find the need for afternoon naps, only occasionally did I do so.  I have always been a mouth breather with blocked sinuses. Since therapy this has gotten better both sleep, and awake. Even though my snoring has almost stopped, last night, my wife was waken by a snore session?

The changes in how I feel are mostly bedtime related, and they are significant. Here's a list I posted in the CPAP Success Stories thread:

Here's my observations after one month of therapy:

• Snore - STOPPED

• Nocturia  previous 4-6 times per night, diagnosed and treated as BPH (30 YEARS). - WITH CPAP: 1 BATHROOM BREAK PER NIGHT 

• Gerd - STOPPED; NO MORE HEARTBURN, STOPPED TAKING PRESCRIBED MEDS  

• Dry mouth - STOPPED

• Sleep drooling - STOPPED

• Night sweats - STOPPED

• Nocturnal leg cramps - STOPPED

• Restless sleep - REDUCED; FALL ASLEEP FASTER, AND STAY ASLEEP WITHOUT WAKING OFTEN

• Blocked sinuses - REDUCED; IMPROVED NASAL BREATHING

• Mouth breathing - SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCED
Post Reply Post Reply
I zoomed the area of the most events. Does anything look interesting?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Lacro, you are doing great. I suspect that you will be feeling more alert during the day as time goes by. For now, the one suggestion I would make is to try a cervical collar, because there is a bit of clustering in your events and flow limitations.

If you do give this a try, keep in mind that you are not trying to immobilize your neck; you are just trying to keep from tucking your chin toward your chest and constricting your airway. So adjust the collar so it is just tight enough to prevent chin-tucking -- no tighter.

You can start by trying the kind of soft collar available in most large drug stores. Another option is the Eliminator, which you can take a look at e.g. Amazon. Lots more good information on all this here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 238 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 97 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  New User Please Help with my chart apapnoob 11 505 02-04-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
  Japanese sleep test vs. Lofta/WatchPAT discrepancy + flow chart morphology analysis? woodenwaterbottle 3 4,418 01-24-2024, 03:05 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Started on BiLevel for UARS, how does chart look? squashedlikeabug 5 516 01-04-2024, 01:30 PM
Last Post: squashedlikeabug
Sad [CPAP] 33 Years Old with Severe Sleep Apnea (Oscar Chart) amfar33 4 508 12-19-2023, 12:34 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Chart mattw2019 1 379 10-31-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.