Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Cheyne Stokes?
Cheyne Stokes?
    Hello,
I'm a 69 year old male with diagnosed CA and OA.  I was told mainly CA by my sleep doctor.  I do have a heart history that's complicated but overall I'm very active with no symptoms except for a couple of AFib events last year that lasted about 4 hours each.  Been using APAP for about 2 months.  Have had AHI average of 3 or so since starting therapy.  Mix of H, OA and CA until a recent night and things got a little crazy according to OSCAR.  AHI's piled up and machine reported CSR as shown in screenshot.  I read that ResMed will show CSR when it detects periodic breathing.  I have read up on CSR and periodic breathing but just not sure what's going on.  Do I need to talk with the doc?
Thanks for any insights.
Trbeau
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cheyne Stokes?
Welcome to the forum.

The Flow Limits chart and the pressure chart will help us more than the mask pressure chart.
CSR, there is nowhere near enough of it to diagnose it as CSR, so periodic breathing, watch it, but don't worry.

One of the most important things is how do you feel, so how do you feel, and please be critical.

That aside, I'd like you to set EPR=1, Fulltime to help with your RERAs, Flow Limits (which are really quite good), and hypopneas. Note that this may increase your central, don't worry but repost with the resulting chart and we will reevaluate.

Let us know which settings felt best to you.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cheyne Stokes?
Thanks for your quick response.  I felt OK before starting and feel OK now.  Maybe not quite as sleepy during the day but that wasn't a problem before.  I will change EPR to 1 and re-post in a week or so.  Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How bad is this really? CSA & Cheyne Stokes Little Olive 7 248 03-12-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Little Olive
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 3 180 03-11-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Cheyne Stokes Respiration and Central Apnea Clusters Aldiorg 8 820 02-19-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Simultaneous Reporting of Cheyne-Stokes Respiration (CSR) and Central Apnea (CA) Aldiorg 3 292 02-19-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 329 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Need advice - Clear Airway Apnea and Cheyne Stokes skiphudspeth 7 635 12-31-2023, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  New to CPAP, just used OSCAR for the first time, should I be concerned?(Cheyne Stoke) breckenk 23 2,223 11-20-2023, 08:43 AM
Last Post: breckenk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.