Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Do I have UARS?
RE: Do I have UARS?
The at home study is up to date, that was done like 3 months ago. The in lab one was done 4 years ago. I ordered a ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto with P10 nasal pillow from secondwindcpap.
Post Reply Post Reply
Like bonjour, I'm skeptical. Assuming the in-home sleep study was accurate, and it may well not be, it reported a "normal" sleep architecture and 0 RERAs, which is not what you'd see if you had UARS.

I was diagnosed with UARS based on an in-lab study last Summer. Just for comparison, I had around 20 RERAs/hour, and a completely fragmented sleep architecture, with almost 0 REM.

But when you get the machine, it is possible to use the flow rate data as displayed in OSCAR to see if there's any evidence there. Good luck.
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have another view that you may not have considered. I have suffered from a number of the symptoms you listed. Here is my story.

I have suffered from anxiety nearly all my life. There wasn’t a day that I didn’t feel, “today is the day I’ll be fired.” I worked for same employer for over 25-years. I started as a junior designer and advance to upper middle management after 15-years. I retired as a manager under the vice-president of engineering. I didn’t have any reason to be so worried. Then, two years before I retired I was prescribed Paxil. The tossing, turning, and anxiety was gone! That was 2014. I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea in 2006. I am a BI-PAP user 16/13 setting. So I am stranger to Sleep Apnea, but it wasn’t until I started taking Paxil that I found sound sleep, dreaming, no headaches, and new found energy.

You may be suffering from several issues, as I was.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd not heard of Paxil, but quick search says it's an SSRI antidepressant.

Certainly worth considering, if the OP hasn't already.
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 1 98 Yesterday, 03:47 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 993 Yesterday, 03:24 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 634 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 203 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Catathrenia +/- UARS: Bilevel or ASV or other? empiricismandstatistics 0 81 03-21-2024, 04:37 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 203 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.