Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Feedback requested on data, please
Feedback requested on data, please
Hello, as a new APAP user, still working to learn more about reading Sleepyhead graphs and reports (great app!)

I am only into my second week, but feel good some days and others not much better. 

Did not use humidifier for first 9 nights of my new therapy and then used it last night for the first time. I could not tell from the Sleepyhead software if it captures that your humidifier was on and working, or not. (level of water did not seem much lower this morning)

But would welcome any feedback on last nights stats, so I can start understanding what the forum may be seeing/interpreting and I can focus on those items.

Thank you so much! (I did change the min pressure to 5, yesterday, and the original setting was at 5.5 from my provider).

[attachment=9874]

[attachment=9873]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Feedback requested on SleepyHead data, please
SleepyHead does not report humidification use.  The amount of water depleted from the reservoir is dependent on the ambient humidity.  The lower the humidity, the more water will be consumed and vice versa.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking at your graphs you are going to need more minimum pressure with the Philips machine to reduce the events I would suggest trying 8. What was the reasoning to reduce the pressure to 5 ?
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for the feedback!!

I reduced to 5 to start low so I would fall asleep more easily. If you are stating that the machine needs to start at 8 (or higher) to then ramp up to quickly to a higher level to stop the apnea event, then that makes sense.

Appreciate everyone on this forum is doing to help folks, especially us newbies.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can turn on ramp starting at 5.0 cm and limit ramp time to 20 minutes and still set the minimum CPAP pressure at 8.0. That lets you fall asleep before higher pressure starts. Some people find that better, many of us don't need it. Your choice.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would raise the min to not more than 6.5, I would set to 6 if it was me. looking for another possible change after I see the results.  The peak of an exploratory pulse was 10 with the base of the high around 8.  What is your Flex setting?  I'm guessing 2.

Your peaks appeared after what I think was a bout of positional apnea  just before 3 am.  Not enough to jump on right now but something to watch.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for the great suggestion !! will try this
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for the reply and will check my flex setting (since I have not reviewed this at all) and is positional apnea laying on my back? How can you tell from the graph?

Also, I traveled for work several times over the last few weeks and carried my Phillips with me, except the one night to philly this week. I did use my oral appliance with a BreatheRight strip and put a pillow behind my back. That seemed to work well since I felt good the next day, but with no monitor, just don't have the stats. I forgot to take my CM50 pulse oximeter with me to grab those stats.

thanks again for everyone responding!!

Reb
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 531 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 235 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Leaks/Flow Rate Issues - Feedback Greatly Appreciated CavemanDoctor 1 349 01-22-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Advise requested: Should I LOWER my pressure? Aknakon 21 1,134 12-22-2023, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Feedback and Help on OSCAR Data, I am a new user of a CPAP machine and feel tired! fdm1990 3 536 11-29-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: fdm1990
  Feedback on OSCAR data Jobaaayyy 13 768 11-27-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.