Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Finetuning settings to prevent CA
RE: Finetuning settings to prevent CA
The most obvious issue is mouth breathing/leaks, these are affecting your sleep quality. To try and fix that you could try mouth tape, chin strap or a different mask. That would be my first thing to focus on.

Higher EPR does look worse but part of me wonders if higher pressure would help (higher EPR reduces EPAP which is the pressure that holds your airway open, when you used EPR of 3 your EPAP was as low as the machine will go). I would be curious to first try and fix the leak issue before messing with pressures and EPR though.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I will tape my mouth tonight (I think I have medical tape) and report back. Last night I had many CA's again. Not sure why most of them happen at the last 1/3 of my night.

Needless to say that I feel fried again today.
MD

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Taping my mouth works better than a full face mask or a chin strap. It makes a big difference in how I feel the next morning. I am using the hypoallergenic tape. Its a bit more expensive but comes of easy yet keeps my mouth shut.

The last part of the night I still have several CA events and I am wondering what I can do / try to reduce those.

I uploaded 3 images but can upload more if needed.

Many thanks, MD

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
What looks to me like 12 Centrals in 9 hours 9 minutes, I'd really consider doing nothing. You're possibly at the point where you'll rob yourself of comfort in order to chase a few CA. Don't go down the rabbit hole of perfection on events.

The question is, are these few Central Apnea really making your sleep that bad?

PS note that any Central Apnea will be consistently inconsistent. You cannot avoid many more as it is, in my opinion. If they get severe frequently, your best answer is ASV. But I don't think you're at that stage now.

Maybe 2 things to consider: the VAuto with the Trigger to high might give better therapy if you really complain constantly. Or you might be a candidate to try EERS. It depends on your assessment, how badly are the Central Apnea affecting your sleep.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you feeling decent with these settings/results? If so I wouldn't do anything to try and treat the central apnea as they don't appear to be a significant problem.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to prevent rainout? Dariex 6 167 04-08-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 161 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,531 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 890 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Help with finetuning APAP apneaHero 12 1,435 08-15-2023, 11:43 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  How to prevent condensation in the tubing? TiredTom111 5 731 06-24-2023, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote
  New product to help prevent mask leaks called V-Com Sleepless in Dewberry 15 2,458 05-13-2023, 05:40 PM
Last Post: logart89

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.