Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Frustrated
RE: Frustrated
Don’t block any vents at this time. The ERRS uses an increase in mask volume by using extra hose and moving the vent.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think that blocking vents has the same effect as the extra volume between the mask and vent in EERS. Better to take this one step at a time, and the drop in PS should be noticeable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night data PS at 2.8. CA still the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
My suggestion to minimize events is EPAP Min 6.0, PS 2.0, IPAP Max or max pressure 10 cm. This will give a range of 8/6 - 10/8. You clearly have central or complex apnea, and need ASV. We can relieve the symptoms by dropping pressure and pressure support, but this is a bridge to ASV, not a cure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-03-2018, 09:59 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: My suggestion to minimize events is EPAP Min 6.0, PS 2.0, IPAP Max or max pressure 10 cm.  This will give a range of 8/6 - 10/8.  You clearly have central or complex apnea, and need ASV.  We can relieve the symptoms by dropping pressure and pressure support, but this is a bridge to ASV, not a cure.

Okay Thanks. Will move to those settings tonight and see what happens. I have sent messages to my doctor to see what he will suggest or support and I have not yet heard back from him, hopefully today I will.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-03-2018, 11:28 AM)Gary K Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 09:59 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: My suggestion to minimize events is EPAP Min 6.0, PS 2.0, IPAP Max or max pressure 10 cm.  This will give a range of 8/6 - 10/8.  You clearly have central or complex apnea, and need ASV.  We can relieve the symptoms by dropping pressure and pressure support, but this is a bridge to ASV, not a cure.

Okay Thanks. Will move to those settings tonight and see what happens. I have sent messages to my doctor to see what he will suggest or support and I have not yet heard back from him, hopefully today I will.

Worse
Post Reply Post Reply
Consistently Inconsistent.
I'd try a second night and document for your Doctor
Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot to ask. How do you feel? What are your symptoms?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2018, 08:11 AM)bonjour Wrote: I forgot to ask.  How do you feel?  What are your symptoms?

Other than the normal aches and pains one would expect on an eighty year old, I feel well. Currently exercising and dieting, attempting to lose weight. Was recently diagnosed as diabetic. Have not had to go on meds for diabetes. Have lost 25 pounds recently. Still 10 pounds over ideal weight. Although sleep is not good, I seem to get enough of it. If I have an especially bad night, I can sleep late. Normally get at least 6 hours per night. 

Seems to me the ceiling of 10 on ipap is too low
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2018, 07:55 AM)Gary K Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 11:28 AM)Gary K Wrote:

Worse

If you are willing, try  range of 6 to 10 and shut off EPR.  You still need ASV.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 823 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 12 1,088 01-22-2024, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Mossify
  [Treatment] Very frustrated after radiofrequency tongue base reduction surgery phitom816 4 1,363 12-03-2023, 02:51 PM
Last Post: Too Sleepy
  [CPAP] Lots of issues, getting very frustrated. Help? fuccrat 0 393 05-05-2023, 12:17 AM
Last Post: fuccrat
  UPPP Surgery worsening daytime breathing, very frustrated yanix 0 965 08-30-2022, 02:50 AM
Last Post: yanix
  Really Frustrated, Confused & Tired Cammy 1 646 10-01-2021, 12:07 PM
Last Post: SleepyCPAP
  Frustrated, Cannot get AHI Down After 2 Weeks asuter060514 29 2,492 06-22-2021, 05:17 PM
Last Post: asuter060514

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.