Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Frustrated
RE: Frustrated
Hello again everyone

I am still struggling with getting consistent quality sleep. If you recall my last posts back in March I had just received the ASV rental machine and started using it. I have Kaiser Medicare Advantage coverage and Kaiser uses Apria as a sole supplier of cpap equipment. I have been very unhappy with Apria and they will not sell the ASV machine but rent it for $90 per month. I used the machine for a little over a month and my apnea events virtually went to zero. When discussing my options with my doctor at Kaiser (keep renting the machine, buy a machine from a different supplier, or go back to the Vpap auto machine). My concern other then quality sleep was cost of the machine. My doctor saw the remarkable reduction in apnea events but asked "are you sleeping better? Do you feel any better?) I had to honestly say NO to both questions. My doctor recommended going back to the Vpap Auto machine stating the my apnea was mild. I have continually been confused with the various measurement systems. Most seem to lump all type of apnea events Obstructive, Clear Way, Unclassified, Hypopnea, etc as being equal. My doctor discounts the Clear Way apnea and says long term my Obstructive apnea is within acceptable levels. Some nights my apnea seems good other nights (like last night) poor. The strange thing is as bad as the chart looks for last night I feel like I slept better last night then on a average night. Also, i recently purchase a Thumb device which measures heart rate and oxygen level continuously while sleeping. The only time my blood oxygen level drops below 95 is when I do not have the mask on. I know you guys will need more detailed data, however, I am attaching a couple of screen shots here

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 825 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 12 1,088 01-22-2024, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Mossify
  [Treatment] Very frustrated after radiofrequency tongue base reduction surgery phitom816 4 1,365 12-03-2023, 02:51 PM
Last Post: Too Sleepy
  [CPAP] Lots of issues, getting very frustrated. Help? fuccrat 0 395 05-05-2023, 12:17 AM
Last Post: fuccrat
  UPPP Surgery worsening daytime breathing, very frustrated yanix 0 967 08-30-2022, 02:50 AM
Last Post: yanix
  Really Frustrated, Confused & Tired Cammy 1 647 10-01-2021, 12:07 PM
Last Post: SleepyCPAP
  Frustrated, Cannot get AHI Down After 2 Weeks asuter060514 29 2,492 06-22-2021, 05:17 PM
Last Post: asuter060514

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.