Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Got my results and am now afraid to go to sleep
RE: Got my results and am now afraid to go to sleep
Hello. New member here. The first night I used a loaner APAP, I slept like a baby and felt soooooo good the next day. I immediately ordered on line and got my new machine and set to the same settings as the sleep therapists settings on the loaner and have never looked back.

Yes, the sleep test results were shocking. The longest apnea I had was nearly 2 mins. My goodness......I couldn't believe it.

The doctor told me that millions of people suffer from SA and many ignore it. Many who tried the CPAP machines also give up due to the discomfort. It's really a pity as they don't know what they are missing out.....a good nights sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-30-2012, 10:07 AM)Slimdoll23 Wrote: Hello. New member here. The first night I used a loaner APAP, I slept like a baby and felt soooooo good the next day. I immediately ordered on line and got my new machine and set to the same settings as the sleep therapists settings on the loaner and have never looked back.

Yes, the sleep test results were shocking. The longest apnea I had was nearly 2 mins. My goodness......I couldn't believe it.

The doctor told me that millions of people suffer from SA and many ignore it. Many who tried the CPAP machines also give up due to the discomfort. It's really a pity as they don't know what they are missing out.....a good nights sleep.

Welcome to the board... and congratulation on your success! You sound like you're lucky, like me - took to it easily and saw immediate results. Apparently we're the rare cases.

Your doctor is probably right - how many people snore? Every single one of them is a potential SA sufferer, because the same mechanisms that make you a snorer can be the cause of sleep apnea... not everyone that snores has SA - or at least needs to be treated for it - but everyone that has SA snores (while untreated.) Thats something I wish I'd been aware of 20 years ago...

Post Reply Post Reply
I am going in for my titration tomorrow night. I cant wait to see how I feel after using the cpap for the first time. I have a question....Anyone here suffer from depression, anxiety, mood disorders, and it was fixed or helped after using the cpap?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-30-2012, 01:20 PM)EPSAHM2 Wrote: I am going in for my titration tomorrow night. I cant wait to see how I feel after using the cpap for the first time. I have a question....Anyone here suffer from depression, anxiety, mood disorders, and it was fixed or helped after using the cpap?

Not me, personally, but links between sleep deprivation and mood disorders have been made, so I'm sure there are people here that will say yes.

Post Reply Post Reply
Um, to some degree. Getting a good sleep certainly does not make it worse!

If you take meds, talk to the doc about each one and if they interfere with sleep any. Wellbutrin can so it has to be taken early in the day.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm really glad I found this forum cos you guys just provide lots of information, and one thing is that I suddenly feel "I'm not alone in this". I'm from the other side of the world, sunny Singapore, where the awareness is SA isn't as apparent as in the US, Canada....hence, CPAP machines are very expensive here.

As previously mentioned, I adapted very quickly and well so much so that I could not sleep without it. Yes, when I travel, I bring it along as well. I even got a spare set "just in case" as these machines are not readily available here. Thanks to the Internet, I could order and the machines arrived within a week. I came to know of this forum after searching the web for steps to do the settings in the Resmed as it came without the manuals for clinical settings.

Thanks to all the regular members for posting. It is indeed a place to get a wealth of knowledge on practical real life experience on SA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2012, 01:57 AM)Slimdoll23 Wrote: I'm really glad I found this forum cos you guys just provide lots of information, and one thing is that I suddenly feel "I'm not alone in this". I'm from the other side of the world, sunny Singapore, where the awareness is SA isn't as apparent as in the US, Canada....hence, CPAP machines are very expensive here.

As previously mentioned, I adapted very quickly and well so much so that I could not sleep without it. Yes, when I travel, I bring it along as well. I even got a spare set "just in case" as these machines are not readily available here. Thanks to the Internet, I could order and the machines arrived within a week. I came to know of this forum after searching the web for steps to do the settings in the Resmed as it came without the manuals for clinical settings.

Thanks to all the regular members for posting. It is indeed a place to get a wealth of knowledge on practical real life experience on SA.

I want to welcome you again to tha Sleep Apnea Board. I hope you find a home and a family here. I wish you continued success with your therapy.
This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and 
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way 
are to be considered flaws or defects.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-30-2012, 01:20 PM)EPSAHM2 Wrote: I am going in for my titration tomorrow night. I cant wait to see how I feel after using the cpap for the first time. I have a question....Anyone here suffer from depression, anxiety, mood disorders, and it was fixed or helped after using the cpap?

Yes, these are relatively common symptoms of sleep apnea. The CPAP therapy helps a lot. Just be patient. Not everyone gets immediate results.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had my titration. I felt GREAT the next morning. WOW. I cant wait to get my machine. The next day I was up from 5 am and accomplished so much.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2012, 09:46 PM)EPSAHM2 Wrote: I had my titration. I felt GREAT the next morning. WOW. I cant wait to get my machine. The next day I was up from 5 am and accomplished so much.

That is fantastic !! The more that you realize the change that it provides you, the easier that it is to stay compliant. Live Long and Prosper (Vulcan not Vader but I think it works)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 181 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 158 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 133 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,178 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.