Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Hello Everyone
Hello Everyone
Hello everyone,

I am new to this board, and so glad that I found it. Well, had to have another sleep study done last night. I was diagnosed with Obstructive Sleep Apnea in 2009.
I have been doing pretty well up until the last few months. Then the sleepiness reared its ugly head again. Since diagnosed in 2009 I still have trouble trying to stay
 awake during the day. The doctor has my machine set on an auto pressure between 7-12. They started with 7 last night and had to increase the pressure. I do not
know what they increased the pressure to, so I am going to leave well enough alone until my follow up in 2 weeks. But I sure do get tired of being tired all the time.
Hopefully they can help me get back on track.

Glad to be here,

bwhntr53
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hello Everyone
Welcome to the forum. It appears you have a Resmed Autoset. Is it the S8, S9 or Airsense 10?

You may find downloading the free #Sleepyhead software useful. It will read the SD card from you S9 or later machine, and you will see the settings, as well as any events that may be affecting your sleep. It can be an invaluable aid to help you and your doctor achieve better treatment.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is an S-9 AutoSet. With the humidifier.
Post Reply Post Reply
bwhntr53,
As a "Heads-Up", the S9 does NOT like System Volume Information to be written to the SD card. Please make sure that you write protect the SD card prior to inserting it into your computer.  Likewise, write enable it before returning it to the S9.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the information. I have always wanted to track my own data. Just wasn't sure where I could gat any software.
I don't really plan on making any changes that my ANP has set, but I do like to know what exactly is going on.
I don't mind saying that Sleep Apnea "sucks" because it has kept me from leading a good life since 2009.
But I trudge on. Dancing

bwhntr53
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bwhntr53,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wish you good luck as you continue your CPAP therapy.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.