Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: Help Interpreting Data
(12-08-2012 09:43 PM)aehjr Wrote:  
(12-08-2012 09:19 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  Stop changing the pressure setting.

If you want to make changes, go ahead. But do so knowing you will need to wait a long time between changes. For one, no two nights are the same. For two, your body and brain need time to adjust. Make a change, wait a week or more, then look at the data as a whole.
Paula - Understand no two nights are the same but is it normal for 7-day averages of AHI to double in six days? Is that much variation normal?

Yes, from what I can tell, swings can be huge. My nightly AHI can be as much as 3 points different from one night to the next. Which is why gathering information over a longer period of time is good.

But since all you can see are the averages, and since I am so bad at math, I'll let someone else help with that part.

The AHI is determined by the number of events divided by the number of hours. So a lot of hours but few events will result in a low AHI. While a short, exhaustion fueled nap will have more events in shorter time and will result in a higher AHI. And I'm not sure how the machine decides the averages. Is it the nightly AHI divided by the total nights? Or is it the grand total of events divided by the grand total of hours? And would there be a difference in the numbers? Like I said, I'm not good at math!

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
12-09-2012 12:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sleepyhead data vs. Doctor's data Daisylouu 8 1,404 09-01-2016 06:10 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  Sleepyhead - interpreting results KSMatthew 4 458 09-01-2016 03:06 PM
Last Post: chill
  [Treatment] Need help interpreting this data TinyTaru 3 275 09-01-2016 02:15 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [CPAP] Interpreting Sleephead Stats EPAP GaryMann 4 417 08-28-2016 11:18 PM
Last Post: GaryMann
  Need Your Help Interpreting Sleepyhead Data Greendog 4 399 07-29-2016 08:00 PM
Last Post: green wings
  Help Interpreting Flow Rate Graph nadprok 15 1,207 06-20-2016 06:11 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Interpreting Leak Numbers MikeV99 8 1,288 05-30-2016 01:27 PM
Last Post: MikeV99