Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Help evaluating SleepyHead data
Information 
Help evaluating SleepyHead data

I've been using a CPAP for 26 months, purchased & began using a DreamStation 500 auto CPAP in July 2017.  I've set the CPAP function to C Check. Original started using CPAP as recommended by Kaiser - with a Remstar Auto 560 - but haven't been re-evaluated in 19 or 20 months. Assuming the forum can view the Data from my SleepyHead screenshot, does anyone have suggestions?  I'm going out of my HMO's network to see a pulmonologist next month. Unfortunately, my HMO has no sleep apnea referral.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help evaluating SleepyHead data
It would appear that it could be positional in nature.  Do you feel yourself tossing a lot during the night?  Looking at your OA's and Hypopneas, I think I'd try upping the pressure to something around 12cm and get use to it for about a week. Your charts should tell you if any improvement is derived from a pressure increase.

Edit: It seems that you are experiencing problems getting your chart to post.  You need to remove the "code" blocks from each end of the URL.  You had the link correct the first time, you just put it in the "code" blocks.

With "code" blocks:
Code:
[url=https://i.imgur.com/svKgR2m.png][img]https://i.imgur.com/svKgR2ml.png[/img][/url]

Without the "code" blocks:
[Image: svKgR2ml.png]
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I toss/turn several times each night & sometimes I'm out of bed for 90 mins or more during the night - unable to fall back asleep. 
I'll try upping the pressure as suggested.  Leaving the Dreamstation in C Check mode is ok? Or does my changing the pressure to 12cm change it anyway? 
(I use Sinus rinse with the NeilMed pkts every day.)
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a Resmed Head and this is the first time I've heard the term C-Check.  We will need someone that is familiar with your equipment to jump in here for that one.  My expectations for upping the pressure are reduced OA's and Hypopneas.  Also, this may reduce your arousals caused by these events.

Edit: I finally found a thread about the C-Check feature. Since the data details is listing the pressure as a constant value of 10, it would appear that it isn't setup properly.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I chgd cm/H2O pressure to 12. I'll try this setting for a week or so before changing anything else.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the C-Check Mode evaluates your therapy every 30 hours and resets your pressure accordingly
by +1 if needed.

You also could just set a pressure range using Auto Mode and watch for your 90% reading and then set to Cpap mode with that reading.

Alternatively, you could try the OptiStart feature.

Do you have the Clinicians Manual?
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OpalRose is right. C-Check evaluates your therapy and adjusts your pressure 1cm up or down, as needed every 30 hours. It can only adjust a total of 3cm.

Leaving C-Check on won’t hurt anything, but I agree with Rose. Using your machine’s auto function set at a range of something like 11 min to 15 max will probably help you figure out your pressure needs quicker than using C-Check. You have a top of the line auto cpap. You may as well use it.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
no, I didn't have it.  thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 800 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Evaluating ResScan 5.9, but S. Manz 7 752 08-04-2021, 08:59 PM
Last Post: S. Manz
  Need help evaluating results MightGuy 14 1,584 09-24-2020, 08:03 AM
Last Post: redsugarcrystals
  Dreamstation CPAP vs Aircurve BiPap data? Data over time for Insp/Exp? Desiree 12 2,281 05-20-2020, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  No sleep doctor where I live, need help evaluating OSCAR data jak75 6 1,224 04-22-2020, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.