Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DS2 won't phone home
DS2 won't phone home
I received my recall replacement for my DS1 and it is a DS2. The quick start says to plug it in and it will get my settings from my old unit. However the modem call always fails with a 1-0. I am very close to the AT&T tower and it has full bars. Also the DreamMapper app won't let me change the primary device (says to contact provider). I received the DS1 through the VA and have sent them the new SN so they can do whatever they need on their end. I have not heard back from them and do not know if that is why the modem call is failing (unit not in the system yet). Any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DS2 won't phone home
The DS2 uses Verizon. How close is your nearest Verizon tower?

The manual says that if you keep seeing 1-(anything) to contact your DME.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DS2 won't phone home
(06-21-2022, 09:07 PM)sawinglogz Wrote: The DS2 uses Verizon. How close is your nearest Verizon tower?

Well, that may explain that that. Nearest non-AT&T tower is like 12 miles away. Up until this tower was built, I was forced to use a land-line due to no cell service. 

Maybe this is not the worse thing as I got into the provider menu and just manually set it it up like the DS1. I did add it as a secondary device in the dreammapper app and it pulled the data ok this morning. My apnea is not bad, so I don't really need to be tweaking on a lot of the settings.

My gripes so far though is that filling the reservoir is a bit more of a pain (IMO) compared to the DS1. I also find the machine noisier than the DS1 (which was virtually silent). Also despite the settings being the same as the DS1, it just feels "different".
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 77 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 65 5,908 03-19-2024, 07:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  REM and Sleep Stage Tracking at Home rwelliot 15 5,321 02-26-2024, 03:49 AM
Last Post: DebJ
  Home Sleep apnea test xaid 5 861 02-21-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: BDayton
  I cannot fall asleep with my bipap/home ventilator. Hypoglossal nerve stimulator? Jay51 220 14,579 01-17-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Son Finished Home Sleep Test - Possible UARS? Skeptic 7 624 12-16-2023, 01:21 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.