Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Help request: is this really Periodic Breathing?
Help request: is this really Periodic Breathing?
Hello!

This is my first post on Apneaboard, so I'd like to say Hi to everyone! You should know that I read a lot here and it helped me a lot.

Please, tell me, if this, what you can see on screenshot from Oscar, is really Periodic Breathing? Should I be scared? Because I'm scared.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help request: is this really Periodic Breathing?
G'day spioch. Welcome to Apnea Board.

That sample hardly qualifies as periodic breathing - it must be very borderline. It's certainly not Cheyne Stokes respiration. Note that Oscar doesn't actually interpret the flow to determine PB, it just reports what the machine determines. If this is as bad as it gets I'd say you could ignore it.

Having said that, I'm not medically qualified, I'm just a bloke on the internet - if you are concerned you should see your doctor.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wouldn't be concerned with that, and I wouldn't call it Periodic breathing, definitely not CSR
Post Reply Post Reply
spioch
I see occasional PB on my flow rate graph and it looks similar to yours. I don’t see anything to worry about.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gentlemen, thank you for your time and help :-)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help request... zsearcher 26 1,248 Yesterday, 05:32 PM
Last Post: zsearcher
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 46 1,179 Yesterday, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Jorgo
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 122 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 153 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 174 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 516 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.