Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Help request: is this really Periodic Breathing?
Help request: is this really Periodic Breathing?
Hello!

This is my first post on Apneaboard, so I'd like to say Hi to everyone! You should know that I read a lot here and it helped me a lot.

Please, tell me, if this, what you can see on screenshot from Oscar, is really Periodic Breathing? Should I be scared? Because I'm scared.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Help request: is this really Periodic Breathing?
G'day spioch. Welcome to Apnea Board.

That sample hardly qualifies as periodic breathing - it must be very borderline. It's certainly not Cheyne Stokes respiration. Note that Oscar doesn't actually interpret the flow to determine PB, it just reports what the machine determines. If this is as bad as it gets I'd say you could ignore it.

Having said that, I'm not medically qualified, I'm just a bloke on the internet - if you are concerned you should see your doctor.
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wouldn't be concerned with that, and I wouldn't call it Periodic breathing, definitely not CSR
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter 
OSCAR

Download OSCAR
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Soft Cervical Collar
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
spioch
I see occasional PB on my flow rate graph and it looks similar to yours. I don’t see anything to worry about.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Dreaming

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
Using Attachments to Post ScreenShots.
Mask Primer
Machine Choices

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Gentlemen, thank you for your time and help :-)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Breathing out? Robertc 10 160 10-14-2019, 08:50 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Mouth breathing lashlock 22 1,876 10-12-2019, 08:25 PM
Last Post: JoeyWallaby
  UARS / Irregular breathing pattern nevermind 33 1,827 10-10-2019, 05:47 AM
Last Post: mper6794
  Looking to quiet the air sound in the tubing when breathing in vroomvroom 21 941 10-06-2019, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Ewerning
  Taping for mouth breathing? DaveL 18 413 10-04-2019, 12:11 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  New Dreamstation User Getting Lots of Breathing Not Detected Events StevoDevo 6 147 09-25-2019, 11:17 AM
Last Post: ragtopcircus
  Difficulty breathing after taking mask off in morning. Randarino 25 686 09-17-2019, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Randarino

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.