Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Help to Interpret AHI (Significant Rise)
Question 
Help to Interpret AHI (Significant Rise)
Hello Everyone,

I've attached a screenshot of my results. 

Seeking help in interpreting my results.  Last night, my AHI score was at 16.6 (Periodic Breathing 12.44%).  My scores have been well above 5.0 over the past week.  I have been using the Phillips DreamStation since August 2017 with AHI scores generally under 5.  I started off with a ResMed AirFit N20 Nose Mask but switched over to the Phillips DreamWare (under the nose) in September 2019.  

Been waking up feeling fatigued and groggy of late.  How concerned should I be with these recent results?

Thanking you in advance.

mmazza

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help to Interpret AHI (Significant Rise)
You are using a Dreamstation Auto CPAP at pressure of 7.0 to 18.0 with Flex off. I think we will write off your most recent night as an anomaly with very poor results, but your last week of therapy also shows a relatively high aver AHI with a mixture of apnea, predominated by hypopnea. Your event rates have been increasing since you started using the machine and are now at marginal efficacy levels, approaching an average of 5 AHI for the last month. The decline of efficacy appears to correspond to an increase in pressure which is a bit unusual.

I think we should take a look at some daily details before drawing firm conclusions, but in your case, while the increase in OA and H events would normally have us consider an increase in pressure, I would be inclined to try just the opposite, mainly because of the number of central events we see. If you want to try a pressure range of 6.0-10.0 for a night or two, that should tell us something about the direction we might want to take.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 145 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  can someone help me interpret these? Mshull 4 204 04-11-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 68 6,278 04-02-2024, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ArcherNeedsSleep
  Help to interpret "Events per Hour" data Fritz1255 1 154 03-30-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 145 03-27-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 233 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  Do mask types affect xpaps rise in eye pressure? Happyeyes 4 392 01-12-2024, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.