Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Help with Data reporting
Help with Data reporting
Hello,

So glad to have found this forum.  Wondering if anyone can shed some light about data reporting for me.

Just turned on a Resmed Airsense 10 CPAP machine for a couple of nights.  Everything worked as planned, and I was pleased to be able to see statistics on the screen in the morning, including AHI and Leak rate, which I did not have access to with prior machine (Resmed Escape 9).

However when I import the data from the SD card into Oscar (ver 1.1.1) it says my machine "doesn't record useful information", and does not show AHI or Leak rate data.

I've included a couple of snapshots showing the screen readout and the Oscar report:

Is there a reason why the machine can display the data but Oscar cannot?  Is it something configurable on the machine?

Just curious.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Mark
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with Data reporting
Sorry Mark,
The machine you have (ResMed AirSense 10 Cpap) is what we call a "brick". It is not data capable and therefore OSCAR cannot report anything more than what you are seeing.

If possible, return that machine and ask for a ResMed A10 Elite (this is data capable, but also a straight (fixed) pressure machine), or preferably a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet. (This is fully data capable.)
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, thank you for the information OpalRose.

It seemed odd to me that the machine can display the data, but doesn't record it to the SD card, but as you say it's model specific, so I guess you get what you pay for.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Mark
Post Reply Post Reply
As you are in Canada request an Autoset 10 for her as that is classed as a CPAP but has full data and is available in certain provinces subsidised
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, good advice.  Thank you jaswilliams.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Equipment] Simultaneous Reporting of Cheyne-Stokes Respiration (CSR) and Central Apnea (CA) Aldiorg 3 292 02-19-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 11 not reporting data correctly to SD card WHB74 4 503 10-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  P10 reporting leaks even when there are no real leaks Michaely6 14 2,569 08-07-2023, 08:22 PM
Last Post: JasonR
  Why does my O2 reporting not reflect my Oscar reporting ? Albatros 4 509 06-23-2023, 05:53 AM
Last Post: Albatros
  What can I expect from the DVLA (UK) after reporting OSA? Quarky68 1 655 06-21-2023, 09:23 AM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Why does my Oscar reporting start at a wrong time ? Albatros 4 708 04-15-2023, 01:40 AM
Last Post: Albatros

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.