Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] High AHI (16) and wake several times
RE: High AHI (16) and wake several times
One of these days, we have to do a poll on what collars members are using. It's really surprising how well this works for those that need it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2018, 03:46 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: One of these days, we have to do a poll on what collars members are using.  It's really surprising how well this works for those that need it.

If you remember, way back when, the purchase of the neck collar in association with changing to nasal pillows was what did it for me. Have never looked back since. I feel for those of us who can tolerate it, the reasons are completely understandable-prevention of chin tuck and alignment of head and neck. 

A poll would certainly be helpful for those members still sitting on the fence about trying it and which to use.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are my results after a few days of travel and with the cervical collar. My problem now is insomnia. I take too long to get asleep and I wake up 2-3 times a night and have trouble falling asleep again. I only sleep about 2-3 hours at a time, usually two segments that length a night. I ordered a program from sleepeasily [URL link removed] that my doctor recommended. I'll tell you how that goes after a few days.

Here are the latest statistics and trends and the latest daily and a closeup.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Between the increase of minimum pressure from 5.0 to 9.0, and the use of a soft cervical collar, you have controlled your apnea and hypopnea to good levels. I am always surprised how little response the Philips Auto CPAP provides to apnea, so the minimum pressure increase was important, and you might still need to try increasing minimum pressure in 0.5 cm increments. Hopefully the Sleepeasily cognitive therapy audio works for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I have asked my doctor to send the DME a prescription for the ResMed. I don’t know yet if that will  work.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am not sure what the "periodic breathing" and "RERA" signify. My AHI went up to 4.7 but still "normal".  I had a spell of 4 hours of sleep and feel much better (that's a long spell for me).
Attached - last night's daily and a closeup.
My doctor sent the DME a prescription for a ResMed so we'll see what happens.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I think one thing to keep in mind is sleep quality. I have found if I don't sleep well, for whatever reason, my AHI goes down the tubes. So, if I have a bad AHI simply because I could not sleep well, I try not to let the AHI number bother me. I just got a new F20 full face mask yesterday and used it last night. I got a horrible sleep and a horrible AHI. I think one has to make friends with your machine settings, your mask, and your pillow, and whatever else lets you sleep well!
Post Reply Post Reply
I got a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet! It just took a prescription from my primary care physician and a 3-week wait for the DME. They exchanged it for the DreamStation - no cost. After awhile with it and the cervical collar I’ll post results. Thank you for the recommendations!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow! congratulations. The Resmed is much more flexible, and I hope we can help you find the therapy results you hoped for.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2018, 08:57 PM)Linnea Wrote: I got a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet! It just took a prescription from my primary care physician and a 3-week wait for the DME. They exchanged it for the DreamStation - no cost. After awhile with it and the cervical collar I’ll post results. Thank you for the recommendations!!!

Both machines work well. I have heard that the ResMed will respond faster (more aggressive).  The problem you were having with the DreamStation was that your minimum pressure was too low.  A setting of 12 would help significantly.  Setting the minimum close to where your need is very important.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 301 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  [Pressure] High pressure Tomarovsch 1 113 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 139 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed VAuto single beep at times? k888 4 146 04-08-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: k888
  Wake up very early circa 4AM with bad headache, any help appreciated. new2paphopeful 1 146 03-30-2024, 05:48 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 183 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 174 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.