Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] High AHI (16) and wake several times
RE: High AHI (16) and wake several times
I have now used the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for 11 days since changing from the DreamStation for 1 1/2 months. I still use the cervical collar.

For the last month or so I've had trouble with insomnia, but last night I slept for 7 hours, a first. I feel great today! AHI 1.43.

Do you see any settings I should change to make it even better? Here are screenshots from last night - Statistics, Overview, Daily, and Daily closeup.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
If you feel great, you can leave it as is. The pressure appears to run-away sometimes and I think you can set the maximum pressure at 14 or 15 without any problem. Let's say 15 for maximum just to be conservative. Nice progress and good to see you being comfortable. the limit on maximum pressure should help with that.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much. This is the only place I can get real help. My PCP admits he doesn't know anything about sleep, but goes along with what I ask. The DME doesn't answer phones or return messages.
Post Reply Post Reply
Linnea, for those that have not followed this story from the beginning, you came to the forum with an AHI over 16 events per hour using a Philips Dreamstation Auto.  Working with the forum you tried a soft cervical collar and immediately cut that AHI to the mid-4s.  You made other improvements, but on our suggestion pursued swapping the Dreamstation for the Autoset.  Your current results speak for themselves.  We are now discussing cutting back maximum pressure rather than increasing pressure, and the relative tranquility of your current chart compared to this is simply amazing!  I just wanted to post this summary because many new members come here with similar issues, and your story offers a lot of hope for improvement and comfort.  I think we will even progress further. 

Starting:

[Image: screenshot-20180421-080219_zpspj4o1vsf.png~original]

After the cervical collar: 

[Image: 18-04-22_zpshkg8x7jr.png~original]

And now:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6301]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes! I am a poster child for the cervical collar.  I will change the max to 15 tonight. Also - leaks and AHI edged up for a few days just before this last result - I was using the same mask cushion for 1 3/4 months and leaks and AHI went back down with a new cushion.
Post Reply Post Reply
Linnea, just want to say what an awesome improvement. knowing how lousy we all feel when untreated or poorly treated, it's so great to see you write that you feel great! a testament to the value of this community too.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have now used the DreamStation for 44 days, and then the ResMed AirSense 10 for 44 days.
At the suggestion of this forum, I started using a cervical collar which made a TREMENDOUS difference, changed to the AirSense which further reduced AHI, and changed the min and max pressures. I feel so much better all the time. I am indebted to all of you on this forum!
My remaining problem is some insomnia - trouble falling asleep and staying asleep.

My question - are there any settings I can change to make this even better? Any hints for insomnia?

Explanation of charts:
Overview and  statistics of first 44 days on DreamStation:
   1st group - no collar (test AIHI was 45), 2nd group - drug store collar, 3rd group - Dr Dakota collar - more clusters, 4th group - back to drugstore collar

[attachment=7129]

Overview and statistics of last 44 days with AirSense:
  Peaks are additional trials of Dr Dakota

[attachment=7131]

The next post will have the most recent dailys
Post Reply Post Reply
Last  post continued:

Most recent daily; closeup of a good sleep part

[attachment=7135]
Post Reply Post Reply
Another question- what is the significance of RERA? Occasionally I have several clusters of them, and the AHI is still good.

Attachments:
1. Typical night, few RERA
2. Last night, lots of RERA
3. Closeup of RERA group

[attachment=7192]
[attachment=7193]
[attachment=7194]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 292 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  [Pressure] High pressure Tomarovsch 1 110 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 134 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed VAuto single beep at times? k888 4 144 04-08-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: k888
  Wake up very early circa 4AM with bad headache, any help appreciated. new2paphopeful 1 144 03-30-2024, 05:48 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 181 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 174 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.