Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] High Leak & Low AHI
High Leak & Low AHI
        Hi guys

I am new to this forum. Delighted to be here. I have been using CPAP for about 20 years but always on Autoset. I always had a residual AHI (2-4) and lot of sleepiness during the day. 
I feel that my testosterone reduced and ED due to this residual issue. 

Recently, after advice from a sleep tech, I changed my pressure to 19 cm/H2O fixed.  This seems to have great results with AHI dropping to 0.2 last night. But, there is plenty of leak . This is making me tired during the day.  Yesterday, I had taped my mouth with 3M micropore paper tape. Still there is lot of leak. I wonder what would have created it.   
Yesterday, I used N20 nasal mask and Resmed Airsense 10 . 
My questions
  1. Looking at Oscar screen shot, can you suggest what type of leak might be causing this ? is it seal leak or jaw drop or mouth leak ?
  2. Any suggestions on  What can I do to improve seal ?
  3. Do you think EPR on at Level 2 will help with leaks ?

I really appreciate your help in this context. Thanks, CanberrySleeper

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: High Leak & Low AHI
The leak rate is definitely high. Are you aware of mouth breathing? Folk who mouth breath are usually awakened by the sound alone plus your mouth would be very dry.

Your jaw/mouth could be dropping open and you are not aware. Many use a soft cervical collar to help keep the jaw from dropping.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

If you're unable to find a way to control the leaks, you may have to try a full face mask.

The use of EPR could also be beneficial comfort wise.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 31 7 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 240 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 126 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 701 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 142 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 106 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.