Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] How are my numbers looking
Smile 
How are my numbers looking
Hello folks - Do my numbers look okay. Please let me know.

I use an APAP machine. Pressure range of 4.0-6.0, with EPR set to 3.0. Should I change/tweak anything?

Thank you kindly.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How are my numbers looking
Where you are it is how you feel - If you feel good I would not worry about it.  But just to let you know a little about your machine.

Min is the inhale number - yours is 4 and that is the absolute lowest the machine can go.
Max is the highest the machine will allow the pressure to build to.  Yours is 6 and is topped out many times.
EPR is Exhale pressure Relief which subtracts from the Min to make it easier to breath out.  It also helps with flow limits which are apnea just like O and H events but not counted in the AHI.

With your settings the EPR is doing nothing so the flow limits are not being addressed.  Min 4 -EPR 3 is still 4 - the lowest the machine can go.

If you want you could try these settings see if you feel any better.  Your numbers can't get much better only how do you feel.

Max 9
Min 7
EPR 3

That would make your inhale pressure 7, your exhale pressure 4 and the highest it can go is 9.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you @staceyburke - it is very insightful and useful.

One follow up question please - if I increase the max pressure, will the machine then top out many times at that increased pressure? So like, currently as you rightly pointed out that the APAP machine is topped out many times at 6 - will it then start to top out many times at 8 or 9 if I set those, OR, it will only increase upto the required pressure (lets say if it is 7) even though I have set the max to 9. Just worried that if I increase the max pressure, I will then start to receive air at 9 pressure which is not necessary when the required presssure could be just 7.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a few thoughts to add to staceyburke's. While flow limitations still allow air through your airway -- unlike obstructive apneas -- they can keep some people from getting the best sleep possible. EPR is the best way to try to address FLs, so there is value beyond comfort to setting your minimum to 7 so you can get your full EPR all night. You may see your FLs go down, and that might give you sounder sleep.

I don't see a reason for you to allow your pressure to go higher than 7, though. Your obstructive events are well controlled with low pressures.

So I would suggest setting you min at 7 and your max at 7 and your EPR at 3. It's an experiment, so come back and tell us how it went.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 118 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 352 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 604 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Central Sleep Apnea AHI numbers too high chathamite 12 1,017 11-19-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Numbers are better but I feel worse LikeaGlove90 2 509 09-24-2023, 12:10 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90
Sad Waking up around 4-5am every night. Occasional Aerophagia. Good numbers? jkang9080 3 538 08-22-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] AM97 Therapy Thread: Help me interpret OSCAR and get my numbers right am97 6 778 07-14-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.