Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] How do I interpret my data recorded on my Resmed S9?
RE: How do I interpret my data recorded on my Resmed S9?
(04-12-2012, 11:40 AM)SamWong2012 Wrote: Thanks to everyone who replied. I've learnt a lot since I joint this forum. I've sent the link to SuperSleeper.

Here is Sam's Link if someone can help him:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=400627bfe...7D321D!119

I'm right in the middle of something, otherwise I would help...

Thanks.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Bump2

Bumping this for someone who has a bit more time to evaluate Sam's numbers from the link above.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't use that software but I'll give it a try.

The IPAP is the inhale. So the most used was 16.6. The highest it went was 19. This is the pressure the machine delivered. From what I understand, this "95th percentile" is what it used the most. I would guess this number (16.6) is the most important.

EPAP is the exhale. Same reasoning as above. Although I don't see it as an important number, not really.

I don't know anything about leaks but doing a search said 36 is not bad. This number depends on the type of mask, if I am reading stuff right.

Your AHI is great! Since you are using a VPAP I would assume you have central apnea and that number is way low. .6? Awesome!

The graphs I have no clue about. CHanlon gave some good answers above. Go by the AHI and how you feel. Look at the data every week or so, just to make sure all is well. If you wake up one morning feeling like crap (and didn't go drinking the night before) check the data to see what happened. Could be a leak or just a bad night. Even non-SA folk have those!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I don,t use VPAP Auto but as ResMed say high leak above the red line affect the accuracy of the data.
Post Reply Post Reply
I saw that on the graph and wondered what that meant. So he's got a major leak problem most nights?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
ok the red line sits at:

0.4L/s = 24L/m

Your at 36L/m with a maximum of 96L/m

With your leak rate up and beyond the red line your data is corrupted and cannot be taken as read. The AHI readings could be correct but with such a high leak rate the only person who knows whats going on is YOU! Ask yourself this.

How Do You Feel?
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI is declining over the couple of months shown in the summary info, so that's good, therapy is working. Congrats!

Leaks are... less good. Your 95th % numbers are too high, 36 for leaks will probably mess up the AHI results, etc - but your median numbers for leaks are pretty small. That number is the average, once the highest and lowest numbers are removed. Looking at the 2 days of detailed graphs, I can see that you're having periods of an hour or more where the leak numbers are over the "red line" - if it's the same for your vpap as for my apap, that line basically means that the leak is beyond the machines ability to compensate for it.

So, from that, my first recommendation would be to get the leak under control. Go back to your DME/RT/whatever and show him those graphs. That mask is definitely not working for you, at least, not as-is. Most places will let you try different masks until you get one that fits just right.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 178 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 241 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 475 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Help interpret OSCAR for best pressure settings 444zane3 3 400 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Expat31
Surprised 20 minutes recorded for full night's sleep Deborah K. 10 593 01-06-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Frequent wakeups with mild OSA -- help me interpret OSCAR? mcrick 6 697 12-24-2023, 09:48 AM
Last Post: mcrick
  Does Resmed even ask for your permission before uploading your data ? S. Manz 18 2,073 12-23-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Chainsawgod

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.