Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] I got my Home Sleep Test results today.
I got my Home Sleep Test results today.
Hi guys so I got my home sleep test results today and I have mild OSA. I believe I am looking at them correct in that my events per hour were 9.6 so not too sever. But my girlfriend did say it seemed the nights I was using the test I slept better with less snoring than she usually notices.

Attached Files
.pdf   Home_Sleep_Test_Results.pdf (Size: 484.28 KB / Downloads: 240)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I got my Home Sleep Test results today.
So now I am waiting on my appointment with a respiratory therapist and should have an Airsense 10 Autoset heading my way soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
We youget your machine. Get and sd card for it thendownload sleepyhead head on your computer it will chart you sleeping then post for us to see. See my signature for instructions to help with sleephead
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2017, 05:36 PM)Gary1of2 Wrote: We youget your machine. Get and sd card for it thendownload sleepyhead head on your computer it will chart you sleeping then post for us to see.  See my signature for instructions to help with sleephead

Ok I absolutely will do that. I just had the appointment with the respiratory therapist and they were saying they will monitor the machine as well and will adjust the pressures. So I was wondering since I have read so much here and have a good understanding of how everything is going to work, is it going to cause a problem if I change the pressure on the mahcine? Will they see that?
Post Reply Post Reply
The first DME can go by really fast. It's important to be prepared and have your wits about you, since some DME's are unscrupulous.
1. Memorize the procedure for verifying the number of hours that are on the machine (i.e. not user hours) when you go to pick it up. You'll want to be sure it's brand new. It's in the user panel under "My Options" > "About". Don't take any machine away that is not satisfactory to you. Examine the machine very carefully for scuff marks, used power cords, slight grubbiness.
2. Start checking out masks before you go (Supplier #1 is a good source of information and photos), taking into account your facial anatomy. Make a short list of 3-4 you'd like to try on at the DME. Ask the DME what the policy is about exchanging masks: the first mask you end up with is kind of a crap shoot.
3. Read everything you're asked to sign.

After that, you have a compliance relationship with the DME. They get data off your machine remotely. They can also make adjustments, but this aspect has nothing to do with compliance: this has to do with treatment efficacy with the goal of making you compliant.

Be really clear in your mind about the compliance obligation: it's a certain number of hours (4) for 22 days out of a consecutive 30 (but please verify) within the first 3 months. If you don't meet the benchmark, your machine will be confiscated. IMO, get this monkey off your back in Month #1. This may or may not be easy, depending: it gets really difficult if you keep tossing your mask off while you're sleeping.
There are later benchmarks, but I'm unclear what they are at the moment, since I'm only just past my 1 month.

I doubt the DME will make a big deal out of you changing pressures if you are meeting compliance benchmarks. However, you will want to  double check your settings every night, since they can get adjusted remotely. Oh-jeez

The doc will have your data remotely as well. I tried a couple of changes during my first month, but I reverted the settings the night before the follow-up meeting with the doc. I wasn't into discussing settings for the time being, but just going along with the "game." This turned out to be a wise choice; no need to antagonize the doc right now. I discovered that if you're compliant, they just tell you what a good job you're doing, how proud they are of you, and how are you feeling, by the way. Atta boy.   Eat-popcorn

Hope that helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2017, 08:57 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote: The first DME can go by really fast. It's important to be prepared and have your wits about you, since some DME's are unscrupulous.
1. Memorize the procedure for verifying the number of hours that are on the machine (i.e. not user hours) when you go to pick it up. You'll want to be sure it's brand new. It's in the user panel under "My Options" > "About". Don't take any machine away that is not satisfactory to you. Examine the machine very carefully for scuff marks, used power cords, slight grubbiness.
2. Start checking out masks before you go (Supplier #1 is a good source of information and photos), taking into account your facial anatomy. Make a short list of 3-4 you'd like to try on at the DME. Ask the DME what the policy is about exchanging masks: the first mask you end up with is kind of a crap shoot.
3. Read everything you're asked to sign.

After that, you have a compliance relationship with the DME. They get data off your machine remotely. They can also make adjustments, but this aspect has nothing to do with compliance: this has to do with treatment efficacy with the goal of making you compliant.

Be really clear in your mind about the compliance obligation: it's a certain number of hours (4) for 22 days out of a consecutive 30 (but please verify) within the first 3 months. If you don't meet the benchmark, your machine will be confiscated. IMO, get this monkey off your back in Month #1. This may or may not be easy, depending: it gets really difficult if you keep tossing your mask off while you're sleeping.
There are later benchmarks, but I'm unclear what they are at the moment, since I'm only just past my 1 month.

I doubt the DME will make a big deal out of you changing pressures if you are meeting compliance benchmarks. However, you will want to  double check your settings every night, since they can get adjusted remotely. Oh-jeez

The doc will have your data remotely as well. I tried a couple of changes during my first month, but I reverted the settings the night before the follow-up meeting with the doc. I wasn't into discussing settings for the time being, but just going along with the "game." This turned out to be a wise choice; no need to antagonize the doc right now. I discovered that if you're compliant, they just tell you what a good job you're doing, how proud they are of you, and how are you feeling, by the way. Atta boy.   Eat-popcorn

Hope that helps.

I am not going to a DME. I went through a program called rested and all the appointments have been over the internet and they provide the machine to me. I am not going through insurance as it would cost more than what I am getting through the company I am going through.
Post Reply Post Reply
you can get the resmed 10 auto for around 500 off of amazon, if that's any help to you.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I realize you can now order new CPAPs on Amazon for a really good price and enter your own settings, but the standard protocol for a Resmed machine and mask is a prescription from a licensed practitioner, so I'm surprised that you can get one through an unlicensed medical program with treatment by unlicensed personnel. And they'll be changing settings remotely? On what basis? Curious...
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2017, 09:49 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote: I realize you can now order new CPAPs on Amazon for a really good price and enter your own settings, but the standard protocol for a Resmed machine and mask is a prescription from a licensed practitioner, so I'm surprised that you can get one through an unlicensed medical program with treatment by unlicensed personnel. And they'll be changing settings remotely? On what basis? Curious...

The program is called Rested you can look them up and I am going through licensed personnel. I have met with a licensed sleep doctor and respiratory therapist it's just been over the web through telemedicine sites. So it is very much like the normal process just I am not using my insurance because my deductible is so high and this company has very affordable self pay options.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 113 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 155 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 115 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 57 5,614 03-07-2024, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 102 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,157 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 433 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.