Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] I really just don't know what's wrong with me.
I really just don't know what's wrong with me.
My results

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/gp08UcgZ0Ug2

Hey guys. How are you? I hope all of you are sleeping well,

I had chest XRays , sleep lab test results , and lung functioning test. I added all of the documents i have , do you know what it might means ? I'm not getting an answer from my doctor and i just can't afford another meeting .

hope it's not too much to ask... if you know what each test means about what's wrong with my lungs/sleep condition,
please let me know.
Thank you so much for reading(
RE: I really just don't know what's wrong with me.
Hi Tryingtobethereforothers!  -  Welcome

After reviewing your request, I believe it to exceed the scope of our apnea community here.  We try to help others with the treatment of sleep apnea and do not make medical diagnosis.  I don't want to raise your expectation level of finding a resolution here. With that said, maybe other members may have suggestions that may help you.

I wish well in your quest for an answer.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Thank you so much! , i'll still have some hope ); , can i ask if you please can approve this post and not remove it? And also would it be ok if i post another one tomarrow and the day after that?
Since I'm ignorant of US liability law, I'm going to defer your request to our site administrator, SuperSleeper. We are all volunteers here, so an answer may take several hours or a day for a response.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I am not qualified to interpret your pulmonary X-rays or lung function testsl. Interpretation of lung volume and FEV1 varies between individuals based on height, ideal weight, age and other factors unknown from these charts. Your FVC (forced vital capacity) indicates you can forcibly exhale up to 90% of your predicted (reference) lung capacity which is a very good lung function. Your FEV1 (expired air in one-second) is 45 percent of FCV. A normal FEV1/FVC ratio is 70% to 80% or higher in adults, and your results might suggest moderate resistance and a potential for mild to moderate COPD and scores you at 53% of reference. The FEF 25%-75% is the mid-expiatory flow and at 17% of reference which suggests increasing obstructive resistance in the mid-expiratory phase. The meaning of these results can be researched online to understand what each line is trying to show, and my comments above should not be viewed informative of what these tests mean, not diagnostic of your specific condition. These results should be interpreted by your doctor at a follow-up to the exam.

Your sleep study shows a high obstructive apnea index with very severe oxygen desaturation, and clearly indicates the need for CPAP and/or supplemental oxygen to increase your fraction of inspired oxygen and mitigate the sleep apnea. You should have a prescription in-hand for an auto-CPAP. Assuming finances are tight and insurance does not cover further testing, you should self-titrate rather than use a laboratory titration to optimize CPAP settings. Please make getting a CPAP like the Resmed Airsense 10 or 11 Autoset a top priority. Your apnea is severe and you should be getting treated for it. Whether or not COPD is a complicating factor, you need therapy to feel better and avoid future health consequences.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

The sleep result is that bad? Tbh that's what i feel. But does the stats indicates specifically that the cause for the sleep apnea is a physical block? Because i feel it's more the asthma / allergic reactions.  Does it make sense with the sleep results?
Btw thank you so much.
There is no information on this report other than you have severe obstructive sleep apnea in all positions of sleep. I don't think your theory about asthma or allergies is relevant to the decision of getting therapy. You need positive air pressure to open your airway and let you keep breathing. You are experiencing an obstruction that restricts or stops your breathing an average of more than once every minute while you sleep. Your respiratory event index (REI) is about 72 events per hour. If you are wondering why you feel like crap, look no further. You may be able to reduce the obstruction by avoiding chin-tucking which can obstruct the airway. You can try sitting in a chair and relaxing as you slowly drop your chin more and more relaxed toward your chest. I bet you can feel the increased resistance or inability to breathe with that chin-tucking posture. That may be only part of the problem. You have obstructive sleep apnea and need to get it treated. Your sleep study is probably enough to buy a machine online, but I have no idea why your doctor has not offered you a Rx.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Hi Tryingtobethereforothers, welcome to the forum!

I think you've been given adequate direction as far as your possible sleep apnea goes, but with regard to analyzing your chest XRays, lung functioning test and your asthma / allergic reactions, that goes beyond the scope of what should be offered here in a public internet forum.  I'd advise you to consider the advice of Sleeprider and Crimson Nape as it relates to your possible sleep apnea.  You should insist that your doctor follows up in these matters.  If the doctor does not give you adequate help, seek out another more patient-friendly doctor.

I'm closing this thread for now, since Apnea Board cannot be used to give medical advice.  This forum is simply for sleep apnea patients to help one another, not to diagnose other possibly related health issues.

That said, after you've consulted with a doctor and received adequate medical diagnosis and advice, feel free to come back here and start a new thread to discuss fine-tuning your sleep apnea therapy if the doctor indeed diagnoses you with sleep apnea.

Coffee

~ Thread Closed ~
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help! 40 days CPAP no symptom relief. What's wrong? cpapmj 2 122 04-14-2024, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Apnea Worse - What am I doing wrong? John Reston 8 567 01-08-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: John Reston
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,537 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
Wink Help my mom fix brainfog!!! - wrong machine settings? jra110 1 336 12-07-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  SD card unreadable Mac - what am I doing wrong? KLib 6 496 11-17-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: KLib
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 629 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is there something obviously wrong with my CPAP use? [pull off mask while asleep] Cpapaya 4 696 08-16-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.