Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: AirFit F10 Full Face Mask
Humidifier: H5I
CPAP Pressure: 6.8 - 20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
RE: In home test vs sleep study
It has been a few weeks and I'm gradually adjusting but I think I need to either change my mask or find a liner or something because I'm having trouble with leaks. I woke up this morning to air blowing at my eyes or the mask making raspberries on my cheeks.

I adjusted and re-adjusted all I could stand at 2am and finally took it off. It seems to be fine while I'm on my back but I am a side sleeper and when I try to do that it leaks.

I changed my profile, but I bought a Resmed S9 Autoset for her with heated humidifier and an Airfit 10 full face mask. The prescription was for 4-20 and I tried it but felt like I was suffocating so I increased the pressure and turned on the EPR.

I went with the full face mask because I have terrible allergies and my nose is stuffy 95% of the time and I can't take Afrin all the time. Wink I'm on three anti-histamines, decongestant, and am doing saline nasal spray at bedtime.

So far, it's going ok. I don't feel rested yet but I'm not expecting it because I can't make it with the mask a full night yet.

Here's a sleepyhead chart from last night.

05-13-2016 08:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Luvmyzzz Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Philips Wisp
Humidifier: Built In
CPAP Pressure: 9-13
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: First diagnosed with essential hypertension @ age 25 (precursor to CHF)

Sex: Female

RE: In home test vs sleep study
(05-13-2016 08:51 AM)tootired2 Wrote:  It has been a few weeks and I'm gradually adjusting but I think I need to either change my mask or find a liner or something because I'm having trouble with leaks. I woke up this morning to air blowing at my eyes or the mask making raspberries on my cheeks.

I adjusted and re-adjusted all I could stand at 2am and finally took it off. It seems to be fine while I'm on my back but I am a side sleeper and when I try to do that it leaks.

I changed my profile, but I bought a Resmed S9 Autoset for her with heated humidifier and an Airfit 10 full face mask. The prescription was for 4-20 and I tried it but felt like I was suffocating so I increased the pressure and turned on the EPR.

I went with the full face mask because I have terrible allergies and my nose is stuffy 95% of the time and I can't take Afrin all the time. Wink I'm on three anti-histamines, decongestant, and am doing saline nasal spray at bedtime.

So far, it's going ok. I don't feel rested yet but I'm not expecting it because I can't make it with the mask a full night yet.

Here's a sleepyhead chart from last night.

Hi tootired2, so sorry about your struggle, do you have time during wake hours to try adjustments, like when watching TV? ...There are many ideas that will come forward to your questions/concerns... keep vigilant there IS an answer to your dilemma

I enjoy being with a group who like to share their "Hosehead" experiences, to remind me I am not alone.
05-13-2016 11:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  2015 peer reviewed article comparing a bench test of 11 APAPs robysue 4 215 Today 07:06 AM
Last Post: cands
  Can home care provider make our machine unusable? LPN2012 10 369 12-01-2016 05:22 AM
Last Post: LPN2012
  [Diagnosis] Waiting for sleep study results...got Pulse Ox in the meanwhile jds2001 10 290 12-01-2016 03:13 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  sending sleep study to another doctor's office sleepytimegal 3 225 11-30-2016 10:26 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Accuracy of Resmed AS10 vs Sleep Study Type IMSleeplessInSeattle 5 432 11-28-2016 12:11 AM
Last Post: sleepytimegal
  Sleep Study: Nasal vs. Full Mask harmon k 2 306 11-20-2016 06:38 PM
Last Post: harmon k
  When is it time to get another sleep study done. duece12345 7 348 11-19-2016 11:51 PM
Last Post: Sleepster