Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Insurance for upgrade to Aircurve
RE: Insurance for upgrade to Aircurve
Here is last night's chart. So you think higher pressures might force CA breathing?  Will give it a try with 7-20 and ESR at 2.

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
And we will be fighting for a balance between obstructive and central events.

Higher EPR in sensitive individuals tends to increase central events as well as reducing obstructive events.
Post Reply Post Reply
PSlebow  -  What is your monitor's resolution?  I think we can squeeze a few more charts in the screenshot.  Also, please use the F12 key when taking a screenshot in OSCAR.  This will include the more important information.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I changed to the settings you suggested but after an hour it became so uncomfortable that I took the mask off.  Was hard to keep air in my nasal cavity from entering my mouth.  Probably takes getting used to. I reset to a lower max pressure (14) about 4 hours later.

Oddly things seem worse at the initial high pressure settings.  Not sure what the AS 11 responds to but it seems that the CA events responded to pressure rises not the other way around.  Curious.

I've attached 3 screenshots that capture most of the graphs.

Thanks!

Paul

Post Reply Post Reply
OK,
Now set your EPR=1 This should reduce your CA events but will also increase your flow limits which are high (95% FL is 0.19, we like to see them at 0.10 or less)
Set Max pressure =10, I want to severely limit pressure fluctuations.

Depending on results maybe turn EPR OFF and decrease max even more, but let's see what happens.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will do. I was thinking of just running in CPAP mode with pressure at 10. I think that's a comfortable exhale pressure for me.  Wonder if the CA's happen during REM.

Thanks

Paul
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's with the AS 11 set to CPAP pressure of 10 and EPR of 2.  Still clusters of CA.

Post Reply Post Reply
Turn off EPR and see if it helps the CAI
Post Reply Post Reply
Will do. Interesting how breathing doesn't just stop but tapers off.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 6 119 2 hours ago
Last Post: aubreyjs
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 34 3 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  Supplier and Insurance issues DudleyDoRight 0 53 Yesterday, 04:36 PM
Last Post: DudleyDoRight
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 111 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 998 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 161 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 698 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.