Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Insurance for upgrade to Aircurve
Insurance for upgrade to Aircurve
I have just getting used my therapy with an Airsense 11.  I found that without the expiratory relief, it is very challenging. I am slowly upping pressure as I get used to it. Using OSCAR I discovered that I have a significant number of central apnea events and a few obstructive.  I'm anticipating that I may, at some point need an Aircurve ASV type machine.   Expensive and I assume insurance would push back without an approved diagnosis.  My question is, can my doctor use results of the Airsense data for that diagnosis or must I go through a completely new sleep test?  

Thx
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Insurance for upgrade to Aircurve
The diagnostic test you've already taken should be proof enough if the doctor looks at it and then decided you need ASV.

Make sure you have your detailed sleep study report.

Post a redacted copy of the detailed report here and members can help with this. If it's like my test info, you'll be able to see event type and count to help determine whether or not Central Apnea needs treated by ASV.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I'll do that.  How do I export a detailed copy? I see a CSV export wizard.  I've attached some screenshots. Not sure if they will be transmitted with the message.
Post Reply Post Reply
Screenshots are best, a decent photo works.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, Thanks.  I'm slowly figuring this out. Screenshots sent in modified message.
Post Reply Post Reply
PSlebow,
What is needed is for you to take a Screenshot of the daily page.  Use the F12 key to take that screenshot.  This will include the left sidebar, minus the calendar and pie chart.  
The graphs needed are:  events, flow rate, pressure, leaks, and flow limitation.

Once you have that organized, use the attachment feature to post here.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=41619][attachment=41619]Thanks - I've include an additional daily overall screenshot  to the detailed graphs I've shown previously.  
This is only my 5th night with the system and I've been changing settings to ease into the full 4-20 pressure range.  Using EPR-3. Not sure how knowledgeable my primary care doctor is regarding the AS 11 features. - his Rx was pretty straightforward.
Not sure that these early readings mean too much. Will see if it changes as I get more experienced.  I do notice that my Oximeter will vibrate sometimes as I'm drifting off - someday will try to synch with the AS 11 data.  But it sure looks like classic central sleep apnea from the papers I've read.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it helps any, for my sleep studies, I scanned them into a PC from a copier/scanner/printer at a family members home. From there I added them to a post as attachments much like these OSCAR attachments.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes. I’ll redo un a few and send to my primary care doctor 

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
IMHO
Set your min pressure to 8

7 is the min to get the full benefit of the EPR=3 and I think you actually need higher than that.
Also set your EPR=2 to see if we can bring that central level down

Grab the bottom of the leak chart and squeeze it to about half it's size to fit the flow limit chart in.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,524 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,502 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,239 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 88 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.