Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Interpreting Data on Res Scan
Interpreting Data on Res Scan
Res med S9 Autoset. In Auto, Min 7CM, Max 20.
Been using CPAP for years. Finally got Compliant about 3 or 4 years ago.

My question is when I read the data in Res Scan, are the number of Obstructive Apneas and Hypopneas the number per hour it saw and prevented? Or are these events occurring with the therapy?

For instance, Apnea Index: 4.4, Hypopnea Index 1.0, and Central 4.1 with and AHI of 5.4.

Is this how I am doing because of the CPAP or is this what it saw and corrected?

Do you get where I am going with this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Interpreting Data on Res Scan
The AHI is the number per hour of events that occurred WITH treatment. It tells you how you are doing under CPAP therapy.

I don't think there is any simple way to be sure of what apnea events it actually prevented (how do you measure what isn't there?), except that likely many of the hypopnea events would have been apneas but for the machine.

If you know what your sleep study showed, then subtracting your AHI when on the machine from your AHI when off it in the sleep study should give you a rough idea, but the night of the sleep study is only a sample of one and it's dodgy to compute statistics from one sample.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bstill57,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more help with interpreting ResScan.
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day bstill57, welcome to Apnea Board. As Ed said, the results are what the machine is report with therapy. I see that all your apneas are central with no obstructives. Have a look at the pressure graphs and see if there is a correlation between the apneas and high pressure. With your upper limit set to 20 it's quite possible the pressure is causing the apnea

You might want to bring the maximum pressure down to say 15 and see if that makes a difference. (As always, only make changes once a week or longer - you're looking for a long term trend, not a one night special).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 102 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help interpreting iMatrix resvent Data Adamby1047 0 100 03-16-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Adamby1047
  Interpreting Oscar values SleepingTight 0 139 03-10-2024, 06:53 PM
Last Post: SleepingTight
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,042 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 773 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 473 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61
Gross Need help interpreting data and making adjustments tiredandexpired 13 588 03-01-2024, 10:07 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.