Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] It's official - I have OSA!
RE: It's official - I have OSA!
Welcome Jeff

Whoa! That AHI reading is very high, no wonder you felt the way you did.

I've been on PAP therapy for over a year now and after meeting and dealing with the issues of adjusting to a new regime that involves a mask on my face every night I am so glad I persevered.

The biggest hurdles to overcome are:

- finding the best mask for you

- Finding the optimum pressure

Once you achieve this then PAP therapy just becomes a normal part of your life. When it's working well you don't really notice it because you're asleep.

Can I suggest that any query that you have you ask on this forum. There is no such thing as a stupid question here. The advice I received from the aficionados on this forum made it so much easier to find the best conditions for using xPAP. Unless you are one of the very lucky ones you are going meet some issues on the way. We are here to help you so once again, welcome to the forum
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2017, 03:07 AM)holden4th Wrote: Welcome Jeff

Whoa! That AHI reading is very high, no wonder you felt the way you did.

I've been on PAP therapy for over a year now and after meeting and dealing with the issues of adjusting to a new regime that involves a mask on my face every night I am so glad I persevered.

The biggest hurdles to overcome are:

- finding the best mask for you

- Finding the optimum pressure

Once you achieve this then PAP therapy just becomes a normal part of your life. When it's working well you don't really notice it because you're asleep.

Can I suggest that any query that you have you ask on this forum. There is no such thing as a stupid question here. The advice I received from the aficionados on this forum made it so much easier to find the best conditions for using xPAP. Unless you are one of the very lucky ones you are going meet some issues on the way. We are here to help you so once again, welcome to the forum

Holden, if I'm going to do something, I'm going to do it 100%! Grin

I'm hoping that the same thing is true for PAP therapy - I know that I need it, and I know that the worst it can do is help. Let's see how bad these hurdles are...!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jeffmackatron,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wish you good luck as you start your CPAP therapy and look forward to hearing your progress.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Resmed Mask Official Packaging? Pomingo 4 793 07-17-2022, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [News] Aussie members - the official word on prescriptions and public health support. DeepBreathing 10 2,456 10-21-2020, 02:50 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  Advice on what to do next (likely UARS with no official diagnosis, waiting for CPAP) Username5102 4 2,784 05-05-2015, 12:28 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Well it's "official" SandysSpot 12 3,632 08-30-2014, 08:42 AM
Last Post: Simon M
  ResMed Official Channel zonk 1 2,308 11-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Last Post: JJJ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.