Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Just Diagnosed/Few Questions on DME Meeting
RE: Just Diagnosed/Few Questions on DME Meeting
(12-27-2019, 01:25 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: I love my DreamStation Auto.  (I have the ResMed Autoset Airsense 10, also.  I bought it for travel, since the case is better and the machine has a smaller footprint.)

My sleep study showed about a 7 AHI, too.  My sleep "doctor" didn't want to treat me, but I said *something* needs to be done because I can't go on continuing to feel this miserable.

Although I do think the # (AHI) is valid.  I don't like the "mild" vs "severe" attributes. If someone was choking us, would we tell the police the choking was just mild?  Does it really matter THAT much if we were unable to breathe for 15 seconds 30 times per vs 30 seconds 10 times per hour?  Strangulation/choking is strangulation/choking.

I do want to ask if you have figured out if your DreamStation is an Auto (500) or not.  THAT is pretty imperative.

Also, if you find you're not liking the DreamStation (maybe you got a noisy one, or maybe you find you need more aggressive pressure algorithms), then you can tell your DME that the DreamStation isn't working for you, and you want the ResMed.  This starts as a rental (for a year), so the way I looked at it was that I wasn't stuck with anything, and I could give it back anytime I wanted (during that year).

Thanks for your reply!  Yes it is an auto, and I agree that even "mild" I still believe I need this. Used it last night for the first time.  Took awhile to get comfortable enough to sleep and I woke up a few times, but I kind of expected that being I now have tube connected to my head.  Do you have any suggestions for any settings I should change?  I had the humidifier at 3 and turned the heat to 1, as I don't think I'll really need that.  AHI read as 2.6 when I woke up so that def looks better.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is where we want to see a screenshot of your daily charts. See my signature for the organization link. Seeing how you and your Dreamstation respond will help a lot even if if your night is extremely fragmented. We always expect to need adjustments after the first night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-27-2019, 02:06 PM)bonjour Wrote: This is where we want to see a screenshot of your daily charts.  See my signature for the organization link.  Seeing how you and your Dreamstation respond will help a lot even if if your night is extremely fragmented.  We always expect to need adjustments after the first night.

I installed OSCAR yesterday before realizing I only have a micro SD reader in my PC.  I ordered a USB SD Card reader from Amazon which should be coming this weekend.  I'll be sure to upload my results!  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

My first two nights are attached.  The first night wasn't too bad, just kind of weird, I woke up a few times but other than that I felt like it went okay.  Last night though, I woke up a few times to some leaks.  I'm a side sleeper so I think I was moving it around between my pillow and face.  I just quickly fixed it and went back to sleep.  When I woke up in the morning my mouth was dry which I'm reading is probably from trying to breathe through my mouth at some point.  Weird thing is I went to sleep around 12:30 last night and was in bed for almost 9 hours.  Usually I would have woken up at 7, 730 no matter how much sleep I got
Post Reply Post Reply
believe last three model numbers of those shown ending in 208 should read 028
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 22 388 6 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 159 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 59 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 16 386 03-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Newbie2024
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 292 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 262 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.