[Diagnosis] Just received my results... unsure about what would be best!
catalina Offline

Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense 10
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 6-18
CPAP Software: Not using software SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
RE: Just received my results... unsure about what would be best!
You are all so nice, thank you so much for all the advice.
I called and got my appointment next Friday. The guy there also recommended the auto ajusting machine. Its 1800$ though, plus 175$ for mask!! WOW!!

So there are three machines to choose from. The Airsense 10, System one with humidifier or the s9 autoset with humidifier. Any one better then another?

And for the mask, i breath thru my nose, what should i go for?
12-30-2014 11:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
DariaVader Offline
Apnea Board Facebook Editor
Monitors

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10 for Her
Humidifier: H5i humidifier with ClimateLine heated hose
CPAP Pressure: 8-15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: diabetes II, Thyroidectomized, Primary Immune Deficiency, and the list goes on :P

Sex: Female

Resmed S9 Autoset and Resmed Airsense 10 auto are both good Resmed machines. If it is between an S9 Autoset and an S10 CPAP (not auto) go for auto. Resmed's latest autos are the Airsense S10 and Airsense S10 for her. That last is the best one, having more data (RERAs) and algorithms meant to deal with the female version of apnea which generally seems to include more sub-apnea (RERA) as women typically rouse faster than men and tend to have shorter disturbances. There's a thread or 2 about it on this forum.
12-30-2014 11:34 PM
Tez62 Offline

Monitors

Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: Resmed
CPAP Pressure: 5-15

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

(12-30-2014 11:17 PM)catalina Wrote:  You are all so nice, thank you so much for all the advice.
I called and got my appointment next Friday. The guy there also recommended the auto ajusting machine. Its 1800$ though, plus 175$ for mask!! WOW!!

So there are three machines to choose from. The Airsense 10, System one with humidifier or the s9 autoset with humidifier. Any one better then another?

And for the mask, i breath thru my nose, what should i go for?

The S9 Autoset is what I use and a good machine, the Airsense is the latest model in the Resmed range so inquire whether you can get the S9 cheaper as that model is now 3-4 years old but will still do the job.

As for masks, you want to try out the 3 different kinds, as with anything sleep apnea everyone will have a different opinion.
The 3 types are Nasal mask - just covers your nose, Nasal prongs - go up your nose and Full face mask - covers your nose and mouth. FFM are mainly used for mouth breathers and nasal masks and prongs are used by nose breathers. It is really a personal choice some people don't like their face covered and others like less intrusion.
Start writing down your questions to ask when you go for your appointment so you don't forget anything and ask any questions here. Well done on getting your appointment bought forward.Smile
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2014 11:59 PM by Tez62.)
12-30-2014 11:59 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
AshSF Online

Advisory Members

Machine: PRS1 D560TS
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed P10, Bkup: Airfit F10 & Quattro Air
Humidifier: PRS1 60 series with Heated Tube
CPAP Pressure: 8 - 8 w/ Aflex 3

Other Comments: Using APAP mode with fixed pressure

Sex: Male
I will be the contrarian here. An AHI of 6/hr or 9/hr is not even classified as sleep apnea in certain countries. Since your O2 sat were good, you don't have this problem. I think a xPAP machine is too much of a hassle for such a minor case.

You may want to get a lab sleep study done if you want to be really sure but a home study with o2 sats provides a good picture already. Also, a sleep study in a lab can tell you if you have UARS. That may cause daytime tiredness as well without an uptick in AHI. A xPAP machine will take care of that as well.

You may hold off on spending $$$ for a machine and mask, for now.

My 2 cents. YMMV.

Started APAP 4-20, Closed range to 7.5-14, then straight 8.0 w/ Aflex 3
RDI always below 1. But sleep much much better at straight pressure.
Started on F10, Tried Quattro Air successfully. Finally settled on P10.
12-31-2014 07:19 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sleep latency -study results Dagmar 1 37 Yesterday 10:04 PM
Last Post: chill
  [Diagnosis] Waiting for sleep study results...got Pulse Ox in the meanwhile jds2001 10 300 12-01-2016 03:13 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  [News] ASAA received large supply of donated equipment big_dave 0 109 11-28-2016 11:34 PM
Last Post: big_dave
Question First Machine, First Night, First results..Help please? SJGino 9 394 11-18-2016 11:55 PM
Last Post: SJGino
  Results Intrepretation GrahamSA 5 350 10-26-2016 08:52 AM
Last Post: Beej
  newbie questions re sleep test results Frances 4 332 10-20-2016 08:21 AM
Last Post: cate1898
  Relative Newby. Need Help w/ Sleepyhead Results Violetskyye 11 614 10-02-2016 10:44 PM
Last Post: Violetskyye