Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Looking for initial response please
Looking for initial response please
Just joined this site. I started CPAP in Oct of 2020. I find it has made a huge difference on the mental side: memory, clearer thinking etc. Also, most days I feel somewhat more motivated and rarely feel like I need to lie down for a bit, but I still don't feel like I think I should. I no longer jump out of bed when I wake up, I just feel like lying there. Takes me so much longer now to feel awake.

In researching I came across having the ability to see and change the clinical settings and found some online resources including this one.

Before I dive into experimenting I thought I would ask the group here for an initial response to my most recent daily data and see if there is a specific area I need to focus on. Your feedback is appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for initial response please
Welcome to the circus,

Right now your Centrals/CA are highest of all the events. I suggest lowering EPR and try it a night or two. Also increase Min up to 6 or 7 to get you into adult setting range. 5 will be too low for the vast majority of adults.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi itsallgood!  -  Welcome

Your CAs could be therapy induced.  Since you are still experiencing a flow limit of .21, I would suggest that you try reducing your EPR to 2 and see if this causes a CA reduction.  You may want to drop your maximum pressure down to 12.  This should help in preventing a pressure runaway due to the CPAP sensing the flow limitation increase due to the reduction of the EPR.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2021, 11:56 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Welcome to the circus,

Right now your Centrals/CA are highest of all the events. I suggest lowering EPR and try it a night or two. Also increase Min up to 6 or 7 to get you into adult setting range. 5 will be too low for the vast majority of adults.

So I lowered EPR to 2 and also raised MinP to 7. Hope that's not big of a jump. I kind of felt like I needed more to start but I don't have the knowledge level to do things confidently.

If I post another daily in a couple of days, is it preferred to use this same thread or start a new one?

Appreciate your input. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2021, 11:58 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Hi itsallgood!  -  Welcome

Your CAs could be therapy induced.  Since you are still experiencing a flow limit of .21, I would suggest that you try reducing your EPR to 2 and see if this causes a CA reduction.  You may want to drop your maximum pressure down to 12.  This should help in preventing a pressure runaway due to the CPAP sensing the flow limitation increase due to the reduction of the EPR.

Hi Crimson. Are you thinking the CAs are a result of machine settings? So, I did lower the EPR. as well as raise MinP and lower MaxP as suggested by SarcasticDave. Maybe that is too many changes at once?

Thanks for looking at this!
Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
Please use this same thread for all your therapy data questions.  It makes it easier for those that advise to see your history in one thread.
Thanks and Welcome to Apnea Board!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Agreed keep it to this thread. I'll add in, post an Oscar tomorrow or next day and tell us how you felt, note any changes better or worse.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2021, 01:42 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Agreed keep it to this thread. I'll add in, post an Oscar tomorrow or next day and tell us how you felt, note any changes better or worse.

Will do. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
For those of you thoughtfully helping me out, here are the last two nights at new settings. Last night was a bit of a nightmare. I recently (4 days ago) switched to the AirTouch F20 mask and currently using the Large. I initially received a medium but it felt too small.

I generally felt ok yesterday after the change but I starting feeling really tired around 8pm. Went to bed around 9 but took quite a while to fall asleep which seems to be the norm since starting treatment.

I may go quiet for a while as I have surgery tomorrow involving a facial incision to remove a tumour and I'm not sure if I'll be able to wear the gear, but I still want to hear your suggesting on how to proceed. Should I switch masks again, I also have a medium AitTouch,  at this point or just tighten the large up a bit?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
When you're able to use the PAP again, consider dropping EPR to 1.

I'm not sure how best to advise on the mask, if you can wear it at all, do what's most comfortable. The possibility is you might not be able to do the therapy for a short time. It's not the end of the world, just pick it up as soon as you can.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 232 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 343 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  [CPAP] Need some help if possible - sudden change in response from 4hrs to 1.5hrs usage OverflowingJoyEntity 6 508 11-28-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: OverflowingJoyEntity
  Help with initial settings for cpap machine jtrops 11 853 11-11-2023, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Day 3 - Intro & Initial Concerns DivaBreather 3 409 09-13-2023, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  DreamStation Auto Initial Start-up WilliamZ 3 539 09-11-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Help reading initial sleep study overzero 7 735 08-10-2023, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.