Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Low AHI, but frequent heart rate changes
Low AHI, but frequent heart rate changes
Hi,

I'm looking for some opinions. As you can see from the attached oscar screenshot, my AHI is very low. Still, I feel extremely tired every day. Strangely it seems that the level of tiredness depends on the amount of sleep ... but not in the usual way. I feel way more tired and my brain is more fatigued when I get 8hrs of sleep, compared to when I only sleep 6hrs. I was asking myself whether that could be related to the fact that my heart rate frequently spikes during sleep (see also oscar screenshot). Seems like its related to the movement, which probably makes sense. But could either be the cause for the tiredness that I still experience?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Low AHI, but frequent heart rate changes
It would be a lot more help if you posted the nights Oscar charts with the left column with the charts shown in my signature on charts at the bottom of the post.

There is a great deal we can see in the correct data.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for reply and the link. Haven't seen it! Attached is a screenshot with everything included Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I don’t see anything wrong with your pulse change, it seems normal to me. Maybe someone will see something 

What I would suggest is raising the min pressure. I would go up to 8. 6 is not enough air coming in. Also your EPR can not fully work on your settings. 

EPR is exhale pressure relief - it subtracts the number set (in your case EPR3) from the min (your setting is 6) but the absolute lowest the machine can go is 4. So you are getting the real setting of 4 which would be 6-2.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 234 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 113 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  flow rate and leak rate question sleepingbetterinFl 0 88 03-21-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 134 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.