Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Making progress but still have questions!
Smile 
Making progress but still have questions!
Hey all, last week I posted for the first time and with the fantastic help of the patrons on this board, I was able to get 6+ hours of sleep multiple days in a row compared to only a couple hours (for years) and I feel much much better! 

However, the night before sleep was much better than last night (even though it's still a great improvement) I was hoping to get a little feedback to see why my AHI might of spiked. Again, this place has been a godsend for me and I absolutely appreciate it everything you guys and gals bring to the table!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Making progress but still have questions!
Which is more representative of your sleep? Both can still represent a good night of sleep. The higher event night was still half medically treated levels, with most of the increase in the CA field but a slight more Obstructive as well. Maybe you were encountering more arousals than usual, but I'm not certain.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Making progress but still have questions!
Yeah, like Dave says, the levels are still in a good place. One dodgy night might be just that, something unrelated to your apnea making you rest less easily for example, or maybe the odd position that kinked your airway a touch... But one day is just one day. I would just put a pin into that night, and see what else happens. It might just be a blip. If it turns out to be representative over the next few nights, then obviously we can have another look.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 57 888 21 minutes ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  New - so many questions Matsu1 6 342 3 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  EPR questions juniper 5 197 04-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 175 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
Question [Equipment] Airsense 11 Questions tblaster 2 152 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: tblaster
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 248 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 723 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.