Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Mild sleep disordered breathing
RE: Mild sleep disordered breathing
(04-28-2020, 05:58 PM)Gary. Wrote: Yep. I was armed to the teeth w/info from the forum..so I made sure I mentioned over and over that I need to ensure they have that specific machine and not a ‘similar one or one like it etc etc’. So after 6 hours of dealing with the first vendor they came back with ‘we don’t work w/your specific insurance company anymore. I said that must be as of about an hour ago since that’s when I last spoke w/my insurance and they said that u do indeed work with them and gave a contract in place with them. Insurance company actually called them with me on the line and said the same thing to them...’u guys have a contract in place’ - and their answer was well we don’t make enough on some devices to ‘cover our costs so we choose not to work with this patient’ 

So I’m now working with a different vendor that accepts my insurance and so far seems much nicer and mentioned that the resmed auto 10 is her favorite machine and uses it herself’....I’m not putting my guard down though till I make sure I get that exact machine and not used either or with no hours on it 
Thank you all !

That's amazing!  And it's not the first time I've heard that here!  The GREAT thing about that is that they were pushing you away, and thus (effectively) protecting you from them!  Hooray!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm really impressed with your advocacy and now you know why so many people end up with whatever the DME makes more money dispensing. No doubt in my mind you will succeed at this.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! I have an appointment tomorrow to pick up the Resmed Auto 10 with the P30i nasal pillows.
Do you all recommend checking the hours used while there in person to make sure its a new device?
Post Reply Post Reply
yes definitely
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ok thanks will do!  Where in the settings, under what option will it be listed? I could have sworn I saw it somewhere in the forum a few days ago but I can't find it now.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm thinking you may not even need to enter clinician menu, go into settings and scroll down to About then down to see Run Hours. If new this is 0.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks SarcasticDave!
By the way, what do you all think about the initial Suggested settings of 5-10 that the doctor recommended - sounds like a good place to start and observe right? I was trying to see if I need to order an SD card ahead of time so I’m ready to roll but they told me over the phone that the machine doesn’t have an SD slot and instead something about ‘over the air data transfer to my doctor’ 
I guess I’ll learn more about it when I meet in person with the vendor tomorrow 
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome. Unless they changed designs of the 10 series, as you're facing the machine, there should be a rubberish door on the left side (think it's the upper of the 2 there) where a standard SD card goes. Consider getting one between 2-32 GB if it does have card slot.

[Image: ElCIrUO.png?1]

PS the over the air they're telling you about is monitoring compliance use
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
Got it, thanks Dave. 
On another thread I read a user write about SD cards that can transfer the data wirelessly to Oscar or to the laptop. I’ll search the forum to learn more about that cuz it certainly sounds like a convenient option if it does indeed work/exist
Post Reply Post Reply
Gary - That is the Toshiba FlashAir Wi-Fi SD card.  You use it in conjunction with either FlashPAP or Sleep Master programs to automate the data download to your computer.  Both programs are free.  You must be within 30 feet (9.14 meters) of your wireless access point for the card to operate correctly.  There are many posts here on the subject of how to configure the FlashAir card.  

One final thought; While there are several vendors that offer Wi-Fi cards, there isn't a standard for the communications protocols between card manufacturers.  Both Sleep Master and FlashPAP are written specifically for the FlashAir.

Good luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 46 1,178 Yesterday, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Jorgo
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 153 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 174 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 516 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Nasal Breathing / Septoplasty questions Ptee8899 7 386 02-13-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.