Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Mild sleep disordered breathing
RE: Mild sleep disordered breathing
(04-30-2020, 06:11 PM)Gary. Wrote: Thanks SarcasticDave!
By the way, what do you all think about the initial Suggested settings of 5-10 that the doctor recommended - sounds like a good place to start and observe right? I was trying to see if I need to order an SD card ahead of time so I’m ready to roll but they told me over the phone that the machine doesn’t have an SD slot and instead something about ‘over the air data transfer to my doctor’ 
I guess I’ll learn more about it when I meet in person with the vendor tomorrow 

Gary, I would like to see a minimum pressure of 6.0 and maximum of 12.0 with EPR on full-time at 2.  We will learn just as much by the first night of data. The reason is, that this machine offers exhale pressure relief, about which your doctor is probably clueless. Your pressure will start at 6/4 (inhale/exhale) and can go to 12/10.  This is effectively the same as your doctor's recommendation, but allows for the bilevel pressure the Airsense 10 Autoset provides.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mild sleep disordered breathing
hey all - so I picked up the ResMed 10 Auto start today with the p30i nasal pillows. I tried to take a much needed nap with it earlier and it wasn't happening. I haven't had time to get into the settings so it's set up as the RX called for 10-5 and EPR on 3.
It did feel a bit much pressure but its also the very first time I put this thing on so its to be expected I suppose.

Can anyone point me to any info or threads on the forum that you can think of where folks have talked about issues that people may have had when starting out therapy with the oxygen levels in the body being higher than the body is accustomed to? Due to years of apnea developing that has thrown off the baseline of oxygen/CO2 in one's system. I did something about it in the wiki I think.
Unless I'm making this whole thing up (which is very possible given the amount of sleep ive gotten the last few weeks ???)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 43 1,048 5 hours ago
Last Post: Jorgo
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 160 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 146 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 170 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 506 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 204 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Nasal Breathing / Septoplasty questions Ptee8899 7 381 02-13-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.