Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] My AHI went to to 27.3 last night, averaging over 20 for past 8 nights - Need Help !!
Question 
My AHI went to to 27.3 last night, averaging over 20 for past 8 nights - Need Help !!
Hi,  I have been using a Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset since April 2017.  The pressure was set at 5-10 initially, and AHI was good for first 3 months ( under 6 ), using Airfit F20 medium cushion ( which was very uncomfortable ).  The technician switched me to Airtouch F20 ( memory foam ) medium cushion in July 2017 (which was more comfortable) and I have been battling with leakages issues and higher AHIs. In December, The technician finally figured that that need a small cushion instead, I finally switched to the small size of the Airtouch F20, and the leakage issue was fixed ( the cushion was a bit small, and I wonder if a medium for "Her" may be better for me ?? ).

Yet my AHI was still not within target ( ranging mostly 10 - 15 ), My sleep doctor reset the pressure a couple months ago to 5-15, and still not working well. After figuring out how to reset it myself and started using SleepyHead on Mar 8, I reset to 5-17 on March 8. March 8-31 AHI averaged 11.6, which was good for me compared to previously.   I went to Asia for a month from Mar 12 to Apr 9. The best AHI I had was the last week in Asia, averaging 7.1.

However, after I came back on Apr 10, my AHI has been very high,ranging from low of 13 to high of 27 ( last night ).  :?  I really need help to figure out what to do next.  I am new to SleepyHead and do not know how to purge and upload the data onto this post.

Thank you so much for reading this post ! 
Raymond
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My AHI went to to 27.3 last night, averaging over 20 for past 8 nights - Need Help !!
Hi Raymond,

If you already have SleepyHead running, my suggestion is to go to the Daily tab and when you have the layout optimized to get the best information on the screen, just press F12. The image will be saved as a JPEG in the SleepyHead ScreenShot folder. When you make a post click on the Choose File button below, and then the Add Attachment when you have selected the screenshot jpeg. But, pay careful attention to the link I have in my signature on how to optimize the layout. It doesn't take much. And make sure to maximize the SleepyHead window to full screen before you do the F12. You can click and drag on the gray lines between the graphs to get the correct ones visible. Click and drag on the titles of the graph to put the ones at the top that you need to show.

Hope that helps. I would expect you will get some helpful suggestions on how to improve your setup, and the AHI's.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My AHI went to to 27.3 last night, averaging over 20 for past 8 nights - Need Help !!
Quote:You can click and drag on the gray lines between the graphs to get the correct ones visible.

This is not really a good way to turn charts on or off - in fact it makes a bit of a mess of them. A better way is to use the chart selector which appears as a small pop-up menu at the bottom right of the screen, next to the word "Graphs". Using the pop-up you can turn on or off any of the individual charts you wish. (They will show with green or red indicators)
Post Reply Post Reply
There was a thread few weeks/months back talking about jet lag and how it can cause increases in your AHI numbers. Sometimes it can take a couple of weeks for your body to get back to normal. Not saying this is the problem but something to consider.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2018, 07:51 PM)Ron AKA Wrote: Hi Raymond,

If you already have SleepyHead running, my suggestion is to go to the Daily tab and when you have the layout optimized to get the best information on the screen, just press F12. The image will be saved as a JPEG in the SleepyHead ScreenShot folder. When you make a post click on the Choose File button below, and then the Add Attachment when you have selected the screenshot jpeg. But, pay careful attention to the link I have in my signature on how to optimize the layout. It doesn't take much. And make sure to maximize the SleepyHead window to full screen before you do the F12. You can click and drag on the gray lines between the graphs to get the correct ones visible. Click and drag on the titles of the graph to put the ones at the top that you need to show.

Hope that helps. I would expect you will get some helpful suggestions on how to improve your setup, and the AHI's.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for your advice !  Here are the screenshots for further review and evaluations.  Pls note that the date showing Apr 19 is wrong.  Actually it was Apr 17 as I could not amend the machine after I travelled aboard several times. 
[attachment=5421][attachment=5422][attachment=5423][attachment=5424][attachment=5425]

[attachment=5426][attachment=5427]A couple more screen shots
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you feeling bad in the morning? I mean I have a hard time believing that you had solid OA's for almost two hours. I'm wondering if your machine is just messed up. Try unplugging and plugging back in to reset and see if makes a difference.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
tmrlhk, please organise your charts as per the link in WallaWalla's signature. That way you can get the relevant stuff on a single page in a more legible format.

Could you also zoom right in to that session from 00:00 to 01:00 so that about five minutes worth is visible. (Flow chart is the important one here). We need to see what's really happening in those protracted blocks of obstructive apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks !  I did unplug and plug back in when I took my afternoon nap on a reclining chair ( half reclined ) to test the machine out.  It showed AHI under 3.  Lets see how it will unfold tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2018, 08:09 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote:
Quote:You can click and drag on the gray lines between the graphs to get the correct ones visible.

This is not really a good way to turn charts on or off - in fact it makes a bit of a mess of them. A better way is to use the chart selector which appears as a small pop-up menu at the bottom right of the screen, next to the word "Graphs". Using the pop-up you can turn on or off any of the individual charts you wish. (They will show with green or red indicators)

Perhaps I did not explain it well enough to to be understood. The suggestion to click and drag on the gray lines was to compress the graphs that don't need as much space, so you can fit more on the screen. When you get to the point where the scale labels spill over that is compressing the graph too much.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2018, 08:55 PM)tmrlhk Wrote: Hi Ron,

Thank you for your advice !  Here are the screenshots for further review and evaluations.  Pls note that the date showing Apr 19 is wrong.  Actually it was Apr 17 as I could not amend the machine after I travelled aboard several times. 

Unfortunately you seem to be running out of pressure to control the obstructive apneas. As a first step I would set the max pressure at 20 cm and see what happens for results. Minimum pressure needs to come way up too. I would suggest 11 cm as a start. To gain a bit more comfort in getting to sleep with those higher pressures, I would suggest using the Auto Ramp with a Ramp Start pressure of 6 cm.

You can get more on the SleepyHead chart if you get rid of the big pie chart. Click on File, Preferences, Appearance, and uncheck the show pie chart box. I did not explain it well, but if you click and drag on the gray lines between the graphs you can scrunch them down a bit to get more graphs on one screen.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 208 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 183 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  First two nights with results meettherobinsons 5 437 01-18-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: meettherobinsons
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 673 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10
  [Treatment] My very first two nights! domod 6 570 11-30-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Sad One of my worst nights. adamwhereartthou 1 432 11-06-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] First 2 Nights of CPAP (help?) jp0808 1 365 11-03-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.