Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] My AHI went to to 27.3 last night, averaging over 20 for past 8 nights - Need Help !!
RE: My AHI went to to 27.3 last night, averaging over 20 for past 8 nights - Need Help !!
(04-22-2018, 10:50 AM)Ron AKA Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 10:31 AM)tmrlhk Wrote:
(04-21-2018, 10:35 PM)Ron AKA Wrote: I think you have achieved all you can using the machine with EPR on. I only suggested turning it to ramp only as a test to see if that alternative helps or not. It doesn't help everyone, but it has helped me.

Hi Ron,  Good morning !  

I did not change the EPR last night.  The AHI went up a bit to 4.4.  I attached three charts for your review.  These were some of the notable events :

1.  I changed the max pressure to max 19.4 before I slept.  

2. Between 3.30 - 4 am, was kind of half sleep - feeling too much pressure ; and then not enough air around 4 am.  Woke up to change the pressure back to max 20, and from Ramp Auto to " Off".  Have no idea if that was a right move or not.

3. Starting around 6 a.m., I was doing some side sleeps on and off.

May be I can try to set EPR to ramp only tonight.  Have a wonderful Sunday !

I would suggest again to try it for a couple of nights with EPR set to Ramp Only. You do not have to change the max and min pressure settings. The machine should reduce maximum pressures by itself, and that in itself may provide some comfort. Whether it will improve or increase AHI remains to be seen. I think the key component is OA events, and those are the ones I would focus on reducing. After you have a couple of nights it may be possible to decrease pressure settings. Need to see the results first though.

Hi Ron, SleepRider, Deep Breathing, Walla Walla et all,

I really appreciate the help and kindness that all of you extended to me in April !  My AHI has been mostly below 2 in the past couple months.  Thank you again ! like Thanks Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My AHI went to to 27.3 last night, averaging over 20 for past 8 nights - Need Help !!
I didn't really help but glad to heat your doing well!

Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 208 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 183 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  First two nights with results meettherobinsons 5 437 01-18-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: meettherobinsons
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 673 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10
  [Treatment] My very first two nights! domod 6 570 11-30-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Sad One of my worst nights. adamwhereartthou 1 432 11-06-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] First 2 Nights of CPAP (help?) jp0808 1 365 11-03-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.