Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] My AHI went to to 27.3 last night, averaging over 20 for past 8 nights - Need Help !!
RE: My AHI went to to 27.3 last night, averaging over 20 for past 8 nights - Need Help !!
I think you have achieved all you can using the machine with EPR on. I only suggested turning it to ramp only as a test to see if that alternative helps or not. It doesn't help everyone, but it has helped me.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My AHI went to to 27.3 last night, averaging over 20 for past 8 nights - Need Help !!
No change in pressure range,
Add EPR full time at 2 and we an look at more or less later,
Soft cervical collar 2-1/2 to 3 inches tall, comfortable fit. Try it, you might like it. At worst you stand to lose $20 and your positional apnea. A c-collar may enable nasal therapy (no promises). Without it, I think your current AHI of 2 is not bad and probably will continue.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=5497 Wrote:Ron AKA pid='255626' dateline='1524368109'][attachment=5498][attachment=5499]I think you have achieved all you can using the machine with EPR on. I only suggested turning it to ramp only as a test to see if that alternative helps or not. It doesn't help everyone, but it has helped me.

Hi Ron,  Good morning !  

I did not change the EPR last night.  The AHI went up a bit to 4.4.  I attached three charts for your review.  These were some of the notable events :

1.  I changed the max pressure to max 19.4 before I slept.  

2. Between 3.30 - 4 am, was kind of half sleep - feeling too much pressure ; and then not enough air around 4 am.  Woke up to change the pressure back to max 20, and from Ramp Auto to " Off".  Have no idea if that was a right move or not.

3. Starting around 6 a.m., I was doing some side sleeps on and off.

May be I can try to set EPR to ramp only tonight.  Have a wonderful Sunday !
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-22-2018, 07:55 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: No change in pressure range,
Add EPR full time at 2 and we an look at more or less later,
Soft cervical collar 2-1/2 to 3 inches tall, comfortable fit. Try it, you might like it. At worst you stand to lose $20 and your positional apnea. A c-collar may enable nasal therapy (no promises). Without it, I think your current AHI of 2 is not bad and probably will continue.

Good morning !  AHI went a bit up to 4.4 last night . Here are some charts from last night, and the notable events :

2. Between 3.30 - 4 am, was kind of half sleep - feeling too much pressure ; and then not enough air around 4 am.  Woke up to change the pressure back to max 20, and from Ramp Auto to " Off".  Have no idea if that was a right move or not.

For the soft cervical collar, are these any good :
Commercial Link Removed, instead search Amazon for VIVE Cervical Collar or Velpeau Collar.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-22-2018, 10:31 AM)tmrlhk Wrote:
(04-21-2018, 10:35 PM)Ron AKA Wrote: I think you have achieved all you can using the machine with EPR on. I only suggested turning it to ramp only as a test to see if that alternative helps or not. It doesn't help everyone, but it has helped me.

Hi Ron,  Good morning !  

I did not change the EPR last night.  The AHI went up a bit to 4.4.  I attached three charts for your review.  These were some of the notable events :

May be I can try to set EPR to ramp only tonight.  Have a wonderful Sunday !

I would suggest again to try it for a couple of nights with EPR set to Ramp Only. You do not have to change the max and min pressure settings. The machine should reduce maximum pressures by itself, and that in itself may provide some comfort. Whether it will improve or increase AHI remains to be seen. I think the key component is OA events, and those are the ones I would focus on reducing. After you have a couple of nights it may be possible to decrease pressure settings. Need to see the results first though.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just my two cents but I'd listen to Sleeprider's input who has many years here on the board. He has seen just about everything and uses that knowledge when giving advice.
Not just his own experience.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Tmrlhk, the forum rules prohibit links to commercial sites. In order to retain Apnea Board's educational status which allows the distribution of manuals and other materials it is important that the site not link to commercial offers. You can instead ask us to look for the Vive or Velpeau soft cervical collar on Amazon.

I think the Vive 4-inch width is a bit much for most of us. The Velpeau width varies by size from 2-3/4 in small to 3-3/8 in XL which sounds more appropriate for a comfortable fit, but is on the expensive side Others have found the Caldera Relief collar in a correct size is comfortable. We are trying to prevent chin tucking, not brace your neck, so a reasonable height with enough size to comfortable fasten around your neck is the most important aspect. Many other forum members use these, and hopefully will offer a suggestion.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-22-2018, 12:15 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Just my two cents but I'd listen to Sleeprider's input who has many years here on the board. He has seen just about everything and uses that knowledge when giving advice.

Something to consider is that it is not important who is right and who is wrong. What is important is what works for each individual. We are all different and potentially all need somewhat different solutions. If we were all the same there would only be one CPAP machine with one pressure setting, and one mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-22-2018, 12:15 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Just my two cents but I'd listen to Sleeprider's input who has many years here on the board. He has seen just about everything and uses that knowledge when giving advice.

I appreciate the vote of confidence, but since we are on a forum, I try to welcome other viewpoints, whether I agree with them or not.  Ron has come a long way in understanding his own needs and apnea issues in general in a short time.  None of us claims exclusive expertise, but I still reserve the right to heckle blatantly wrong information. which so far, I haven't seen here. People on the receiving end of the information and suggestions need to sift through it for the gems and make their own decision.
Thanks

Our rules: Information contained on this website and forums should not be considered as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a qualified physician before seeking treatment for any medical condition, including Sleep Apnea. Always seek the advice of a qualified physician before changing pressure or other settings on any medical device, including CPAP machines.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-22-2018, 04:13 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:

I appreciate the vote of confidence, but since we are on a forum, I try to welcome other viewpoints, whether I agree with them or not.  Ron has come a long way in understanding his own needs and apnea issues in general in a short time.  None of us claims exclusive expertise, but I still reserve the right to heckle blatantly wrong information. which so far, I haven't seen here.  People on the receiving end of the information and suggestions need to sift through it for the gems and make their own decision.
Thanks

Our rules:  Information contained on this website and forums should not be considered as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a qualified physician before seeking treatment for any medical condition, including Sleep Apnea. Always seek the advice of a qualified physician before changing pressure or other settings on any medical device, including CPAP machines.

My gratitude to you all at Apnea Board, with special thanks and appreciation to Ron for his kindness.  As a relatively new member, I am glad that I found this group of extremely nice and caring people.  Thank you !!!

(04-22-2018, 03:22 PM)Ron AKA Wrote:

Something to consider is that it is not important who is right and who is wrong. What is important is what works for each individual. We are all different and potentially all need somewhat different solutions. If we were all the same there would only be one CPAP machine with one pressure setting, and one mask.

My gratitude to you all at Apnea Board, with special thanks and appreciation to Ron for his kindness.  As a relatively new member, I am glad that I found this group of extremely nice and caring people.  Thank you !!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First 2 nights Narcil 10 304 Yesterday, 07:31 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  A Tale of Two Nights Everlong 0 100 04-08-2024, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Everlong
Question In the past 2-3 weeks, my AHI during afternoon nap rose to 20-40 tmrlhk 5 189 04-01-2024, 06:13 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 359 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 341 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 275 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  First two nights with results meettherobinsons 5 495 01-18-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: meettherobinsons

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.